Casa Sotelo

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited September 22, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
It's been quite some time since I did any serious photography. Been so busy with remodeling our master bathroom. I'm pretty much done and this is the first Monday in a while that I had nothing to do so I decided to goof around the house and take some pics. These are all multiple exposures blended together in CS4.

Hope you enjoy them. Appreciate any and all feedback.

This is the formal living room:

1007212406_XTZ29-XL.jpg

This is a close up of the fireplace with one of my wife's many Buddhas. She is crazy for Buddhas. She's Catholic so I'm not sure why.

1007214754_8hW4A-XL.jpg

This is a shot looking towards the foyer. BTW, she plays... I'm all thumbs:

1007214081_MqQUY-XL.jpg

This is our formal dining room. The table is actually a 200 year old door from Indonesia. It's probably my favorite piece of furniture in the house. I had a felt top made for it to play poker on ;-)

1007212988_FmGcB-XL.jpg

1007213593_D7PuT-XL.jpg

This is the master bedroom which we just got done remodeling this weekend... well, we finished this weekend, we started in March. Worked harder on it than I do at actual work ;-)

1005568241_mCYjH-XL.jpg

1005568974_pAXvH-XL.jpg

1005569885_ncn8R-XL.jpg

This is the master bath which took the most time:

1008836828_rC83c-XL.jpg

1008837757_vXx7W-XL.jpg

1008837412_fVL6D-XL.jpg

All the work was done by me with the help of my wife. The house was built in 1968 and aside from some paint, the previous owners didn't do anything. It's been a labor of love for both of us. There's more, just don't have pics of the rest of the house. At least not yet.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2010
    Wow! Great work - and I mean both the photos and the renovations. What a lovely home you and your wife have crafted.

And those photos belong in a decorating magazine - I see a career in real estate photography :)

clap.gifclapclap.gifthumb
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    One thing to say about photos and house...WOW!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    Wow... thanks guys. It's been a lot of work, I'll tell you. We bought the house in 2003. The day we got the keys, I started working on the house. We stayed in our other home for the first month so we can get the real dirty work out of the way. First job was scraping the pop-corn from the ceilings and then smooth plastering them. WOW... 3000 sqft of ceiling... I had a stiff neck for about 2 weeks. For the first 3 years, I literally worked on the house every single day. We've done everything... windows, doors, landscape, pool, flooring, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, all baths, other than the framing and some of the plaster walls, I don't think there is anything left that we haven't touched. It's been an adventure since neither my wife nor I have any training or experience with this stuff. A lot of reading, watching HGTV, and talking to people in the trade.

There are still things we want to do. I think the next project is the walk way leading to the house. It's just plain concrete right now... very cold and uninviting. We-re think of maybe some flagstone.

My Smug Site
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    Simply amazing. I love the rich, vibrantly warm colors and the detail in the woodwork throughout your house. The photos are outstanding! It all looks so inviting and clean... very, very, very clean (are you sure someone lives here?) Recession or no, I think you've hit a home run with the style and decor of your house, and it's a great investment, especially since you've put so much work in yourself. It looks very professional, in fact, it looks way better than the 'professional' jobs we've paid for!
    Howdy,

That is one stunning Castle ya'll have made for yourselves,

I can only imagine the constant and hard work that went into

that but from the Pictures it is just so impressive and you both

should be so very proud of what ya'll have accomplished. I am sure

your enjoyment level is worth the work in itself, but I would imagine

you will really realize a big gain in the Value of the House and all the

work you both have done.

Also, your images match the beautiful work you've done!!! They
    look like something straight out of Architectural Digest, and even
    better:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    Great photos. Great job on the remodel.
    That table/door is awesome!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    I'd love to see some outside shots of the house. Also, I'd like to hire you to remodel MY house...You should be proud of the fine job you've done.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    Thanks for all the wonderful comments. Enjoying our home is very rewarding in itself, but hearing this great feedback really feels good.

My Smug Site
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    Wow... thanks guys. It's been a lot of work, I'll tell you. We bought the house in 2003. The day we got the keys, I started working on the house. We stayed in our other home for the first month so we can get the real dirty work out of the way. First job was scraping the pop-corn from the ceilings and then smooth plastering them. WOW... 3000 sqft of ceiling... I had a stiff neck for about 2 weeks. For the first 3 years, I literally worked on the house every single day. We've done everything... windows, doors, landscape, pool, flooring, electrical, plumbing, kitchen, all baths, other than the framing and some of the plaster walls, I don't think there is anything left that we haven't touched. It's been an adventure since neither my wife nor I have any training or experience with this stuff. A lot of reading, watching HGTV, and talking to people in the trade.

There are still things we want to do. I think the next project is the walk way leading to the house. It's just plain concrete right now... very cold and uninviting. We-re think of maybe some flagstone.

WOW and WOW!!

The photos and the remolding are both very well done. You have a right to be proud of the work you have done!

Sam
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    I can't add much to what other have said, except that I agree!

Very nice home and you should also be proud of the photography as well thumb.gif

Great front door!
    Randy
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 16, 2010
    Architectural Digest called, and they want to use your photos. :D

Great work on the remodel and photos. The interior decorating really superb. thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2010
    mwink.gif
    Well done. Through and through.
    Michael
    edited September 22, 2010
    Thanks all.:ivar

My Smug Site