Portrait: Elin

tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited September 14, 2010 in People
Sunday was a rainy afternoon and I had a photo session with Elin.
I was unsure if the rain would be a big issue, but it didn`t rain too bad.
Elin was very nervous since she didn`t have any experience being infront of the camera, but we had fun.

It was my first day-time session with my new softbox, and I loved it! Unfortunately we had some issues with the cactus triggers, and it didn`t go off every time, but I hope I can work out the problem untill next time. :scratch

C&C welcome.

1004011160_B9dbx-L-2.jpg

1004158913_oYPEg-L-2.jpg

1004420457_qMRTa-L-2.jpg

1004192590_4nK6p-L-2.jpg

1004202496_sPzzi-L-2.jpg
http://www.monicagarrett.com

Canon 5D MARK II, Canon EOS 450D
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 18-55mm
Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 75-300mm, Tokina 10-24mm, Sigma 18-200mm

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2010
    Well you did a fine job on these and your model is gorgeous.
    #1. I'm not real crazy about the composition, I would have preferred a little more headroom and I would have put her more to the left of the frame.
    #2. This particular angle pose is not flattering as in my experience with young ladies this pose makes her face look too boxy.
    #3 and 4. These types of treatments are nice but have a tendency to make highlights a bit on the hot side as is on her face.
    #5. The only quip I have is that it's hard to tell what she is holding in her hands.

I think you did a nice job wit the strobe. I hope you iron out the issues with it.
    Did you use portable power?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Well you did a fine job on these and your model is gorgeous.
    #1. I'm not real crazy about the composition, I would have preferred a little more headroom and I would have put her more to the left of the frame.
    #2. This particular angle pose is not flattering as in my experience with young ladies this pose makes her face look too boxy.
    #3 and 4. These types of treatments are nice but have a tendency to make highlights a bit on the hot side as is on her face.
    #5. The only quip I have is that it's hard to tell what she is holding in her hands.

I think you did a nice job wit the strobe. I hope you iron out the issues with it.
    Did you use portable power?

Thanks for the feedback.
    It is great to hear others opinions so that I can work to improve my photos for next time.

I agree with you on pose #2, but I was really happy with the light it it, that is why I added it as one of my favorites.
    I might work on #3 and #4 to get the highlights toned down.
    #5 was kind of an experiment, do something a little different to make her relax and have fun!

Here is another example with the leafes in colors, too bad her hand cover her face:

1003943954_Gzx5y-L-3.jpg

I used my speedlite with the softbox and a cactus trigger and reciever. Have to practise more to find out the problem I guess.

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    I must say the color is excellent in #1 and #2
    I take it the 450D does not have wireless capabilities with it's flash units?
    I thought my friend was able to trigger hers, is that the same as the XTi?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    I must say the color is excellent in #1 and #2
    I take it the 450D does not have wireless capabilities with it's flash units?
    I thought my friend was able to trigger hers, is that the same as the XTi?

It is possible if I buy an expensive Canon wireless thingy, but it is too expensive for me at the moment.

450D is the same as Rebel something I think.