3 1/2 Month Old Baby Shoot - C&C Appreciated!

ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited September 15, 2010 in People
I did the mother's maternity photos and was honored when she asked me back to do a shoot with her 3 1/2 month old - I've never done a dedicated baby shoot before, so this was definitely a learning experience!! C&C much appreciated!!

1006831725_ovnDF-L.jpg

1006832990_SFPRB-L.jpg

1006838740_Ju9qb-L.jpg

1006839380_czJ9o-L.jpg

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2010
    Wow! She has very expressive eyes! (If only #1 wasn't cropped so tight.. that would have been a wall hanger!)
  • ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    WOW - I get a comment from Heather! *bows down* - I didn't expect #1 - she had JUST learned how to roll over the day before and that's what she kept doing, which made it hard to shoot her! I was trying to use my 50mm but she was flailing around too fast Laughing.gif.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    Cute little one I must say but the crop bothers me on #1 plus I would have shot at a higher f stop on these the focus range is too shallow for my taste.
    The blown window on four is bothersome and I wish the focus was on her eye instead of the flower
    Number three is my fave...
    You know what, you did a good job on your first baby shoot!
    Congrats!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    These are adorable. I agree with the tight cropping, expecially if these will be enlarged and cropped EVEN further....This is exactly why I bought my 28-70 2.8, actually. I was having a terrible time indoors with my 50 and things just being WAY to close, especially if you are shooting on a crop sensor (which I am). The 2.8 although not as fast as the 1.8 is still sufficient and the 28 gave me loads more room (and slightly more DOF ). Great job on your first baby session, I love #3!
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    #3 is my favorite too. The blown window in #4 doesn't bother me, but I agree that the eye needed to be the focus point. These are very nice shots and I'll bet the mom loved them.