Look at this spider and light?

AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
edited September 15, 2010 in Holy Macro
I have been playing around with light. Is this to much? I wasn't concerned about the focus as much as the light??

[URL="[IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/ambrola/sPIDER55.jpg[/IMG]"]sPIDER55.jpg[/URL]

Comments

• OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2010
    Were you moving the light during exposure, or did you use multiple exposures? There's a lot of ghosting going on

If the ghosting is a result from the light... then yes, you're playing with it too much :)

if its just camera shake then get a hand strap so you can use the light in the other hand a bit easier... I can testify that a nice hand strap beats a neck strap anytime for stability since a lot of the time I get so close to bugs I need to handhold a light right next to the lens
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    Light looks good but as mentioned above there is some duplication in the image - guessing it is a focus stack ?
    Brian V.
  • AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    Light looks good but as mentioned above there is some duplication in the image - guessing it is a focus stack ?
    Brian V.
    i did stack 4 pics, but I wrapped the light with paper towels. I was wanting the light better, not concerened about the quality of the image. I think it helped with the saturation of the light. Don't look as whashed out as the others. I had a better pic I should have posted, but you get the basic idea of what im trying to do??
    Were you moving the light during exposure, or did you use multiple exposures? There's a lot of ghosting going on

If the ghosting is a result from the light... then yes, you're playing with it too much :)

if its just camera shake then get a hand strap so you can use the light in the other hand a bit easier... I can testify that a nice hand strap beats a neck strap anytime for stability since a lot of the time I get so close to bugs I need to handhold a light right next to the lens
    That was me moving Im sure. I took some more pics after this where I rested the lens on the table and they were much better. I had already posted this, but the light is what I was concerned about.
    The paper towel won't cause the ghosting though, that's not a problem. It will actually enhance the quality of your light
    The paper towel won't cause the ghosting though, that's not a problem. It will actually enhance the quality of your light
    The ghosting was my poor attempt at stacking I think?
    Ambrola wrote: »
    The ghosting was my poor attempt at stacking I think?

Yeah it would have to be that