Options

Need inspiration.

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited September 22, 2010 in Weddings
Was asked by a bride to do a trash the dress... she wants it destroyed, and not a happy occasion, their divorce has just been finalized.
She wants dark and moody... and in the end, ripped to shreds or lit on fire.

:huh

help
I think it'll be fun, she has a really good attitude about it now that it's over, just wants to really make this an event.

Comments

• Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    cdonovan wrote: »
    Was asked by a bride to do a trash the dress... she wants it destroyed, and not a happy occasion, their divorce has just been finalized.
    She wants dark and moody... and in the end, ripped to shreds or lit on fire.

eek7.gif

help
    I think it'll be fun, she has a really good attitude about it now that it's over, just wants to really make this an event.

Hmmmm, sounds like an interesting shoot.... wish I could find clients that had money to spend on shoots like that. I would certainly plan to do some moody style shots, evening water/running mascara......:cry the works. And in the end, have it hanging up and let her build like a campfire to burn it while she does some weird dance of freedom while the dress withers and dies into ashes........ne_nau.gif

I will look forward to seeing the results of whatever you get!
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    Google results for Trash the Dress Session ............................the url was so long I had to Tiny IT

http://tinyurl.com/2322ruc
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    Did someone say fire? http://www.altf.com/#/signature%20images/signature/25 John Michael Cooper.. amazing
    Jer
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    You should call Ted, he's just waiting for a shoot like this :yikes rolleyes1.gif I hope you know that you'll HAVE to post the results :D
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    You should call Ted, he's just waiting for a shoot like this :yikes rolleyes1.gif I hope you know that you'll HAVE to post the results :D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Destruction?? Can I shoot it? Pleasssse? With a whole ton of mud and paint, fire and mortar (I can mix some concrete!)

This should be fun! I want to see the results tooo!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    Have her visit a make up artist for moody makeup, I agree with the running mascara...

At night, great flash work, a few matches, a fire extinguisher or to and voilà!

As far as ripping it and keeping her safe... Rip it up first then put her in it, personally, I'd get as close to MJ's "Thriller" video as I could :)
  • Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    MU Artist is booked, lots of drama will ensue. Can't wait. I'll definitely be posting results.
    We have a few different spots scouted out. Just looking for extra inspiration. I'm thinking that it would be fun to stage destroying it several different ways.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    Just give her pair of scissors and let her go at it....
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    May be a few great shots in watching her slice that puppy up too rolleyes1.gif
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    I don't think you're going to find the kind of trash the dress ideas she is interested in by googling...or very few and far between...since trashing the dress usually happens after a wedding and there is a bit of delight in trashing the dress. And, what she wants is a sort of I'm done with you, trash the dress anti wedding ceremony...lol.

You might have to get a bit creative here...

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. This could be really neat.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    Did someone say fire? http://www.altf.com/#/signature%20images/signature/25 John Michael Cooper.. amazing

15524779-Ti.gif This guy is the master and dark, quirky, and destructive.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes