have not shared in a really really long time!

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited September 17, 2010 in People
Hi folks!! Haven't been around in a while...i apologize. for those who remember me, i'm still preggo...about 5 weeks left. I went into labor actually back in the beginning of july (@ 25 weeks) and since then I have been on bedrest to keep the little guy baking. So i have barely even looked at my camera much less been able to take pictures. but I realized that my gap of pics of my little girl was getting too wide so I am trying to pick up my camera and get back into things.

two from last week, just some casuals while we were waiting for the ice cream truck :) :

1. In the garage, i love the light in there, i need to make a little setup without such a distracting background
24d51qt.jpg

2qth06w.jpg

Next three are just some standard shots, nothing creative here..., window light and the 50, I should've straightened my backdrop out but i didn't have much room to work with. oh well i love them anyway

ivkc9h.jpg

f5atk9.jpg

250qxrk.jpg

sorry for being MIA for so long! later I'll post some shots of an after wedding session I did 2 days before I went into labor.

Comments

• kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    Congratulations! I hope you're feeling well during these last weeks of pregnancy!

Your daughter is still as adorable as ever. You do have some great light in your garage!
    Kristen
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    Your little model is quite the cutie I must say.
    Hope your pregnancy has been an easy one thus far.
    Thanks for sharing
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    haha..nice one..hope all is going well mellissa.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Do you know, just this morning I was wondering how you were doing! Glad that you're nearly there.

And my WORD but your girl looks so grown up! Fantastic shots, especially the garage one. You're going to join Mitchel in the MGC (Magic Garage Club)

Good luck for the next few weeks - I'm hoping we'll get a flurry of lovely newborn pix from you when the time comes (yeah, like you won't have anything else to be doing rolleyes1.gif) !!! iloveyou.gif
  • CaspianCaspian Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    Very nice shots. Get her modeling now and she will be able to pay for her first car and her college education. Good luck on your soon-to-be new arrival. Please post pictures when he arrives.
    David
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    Beautiful! Those eyes are to die for. So glad to see you here again.
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    Welcome back! Sorry to hear you've been on bedrest. I imagine that is pretty tough. Your little girl is growing up on us!! I love #2 and the way her hair is laying. For #5, be careful on your tight frame. An 8x10 will chop off her head and feet...don't want that ;) I agree that you should set up something in your garage like Mitchell..the light is awesome! I've tried out ours (posted 2 shots last week of my girls) and the light can't be beat!! Nice set!
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    I have a friend here that's also on bed rest. I know it's driving her a little nuts. Good luck to you! Of the pictures, #1 is killer. Of course, I shoot street so I like grungy backgrounds and natural settings. But its the plaster on her thumb that really does the deed!
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    thanks guys and gals, i've really missed it around here! I will definitely have a plethera of pictures to share in a few weeks and I CANNOT WAIT!

Diva, that is really ironic! thanks for thinking of me! iloveyou.gif
    Kidzmom, yeah I realized the tight crop after, and you are right, i wasn't able to print an 8x10. but like i said I had the 50, and i was backed up against the wall as it was. i was barely able to get #4 on an 8x10. but Grammy doesn't mind, and as long as the grandparents are happy that's what matters right? rolleyes1.gif

thank you to everyone else for the warm welcome back and the well wishes. :)
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2010
    Good luck, Melissa!!

I love your garage shots!! She's beautiful. Bring your exposure down a 1/2 a stop and you will find you recover a lot of the facial detail that has been washed out of these. It's very easy to overexpose in the garage unless you carefully spot meter. I use a lot of -EV in that setting.