reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
edited September 17, 2010 in People
I love my nifty fifty too:

1009138247_2HHyw-L.jpg

And my 85 1.4 and........

1009138108_XSUFC-L.jpg

My D700....

1009138021_ebdZA-L.jpg

Just shots around the house and out & about.....
The fifty is a great little lens to carry around and the 85 1.4 is amazing. In the example above it's as if it focused well past the plane of the mirror if that's possible. Notice the pink charms on the surface in bokeh, yet her eye is spot on?
The low light sensor of the D700 allows me to shoot in way I would have never thought imaginable before without flash.

Heck I love my kids and photography :D
Yo soy Reynaldo

Comments

• misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    That mirror shot is a keeper for sure.

My next lens will be a fast (f 1.4) prime lens.. shopping around now.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    misterb wrote: »
    That mirror shot is a keeper for sure.

My next lens will be a fast (f 1.4) prime lens.. shopping around now.

Thanks
    Fast glass is great!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Thanks
    Fast glass is great!

WOW, that mirror shot is crazy! It is like its focusing beyond the mirror.. but, she's before the mirror.. thats weird!

I love my D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, and the secret from the past Nikkor 105mm f/2 DC.. fast glass truly is amazing!
    Jer
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    LOVE the mirror shot!!!!!!!! ;)
    WOW, that mirror shot is crazy! It is like its focusing beyond the mirror.. but, she's before the mirror.. thats weird!

I love my D700, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G, and the secret from the past Nikkor 105mm f/2 DC.. fast glass truly is amazing!

So it's not just me then......

Yeah, now you got me going on that 105 f/2 DC :D
    Must get my hands on one......
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    kidzmom wrote: »
    LOVE the mirror shot!!!!!!!! ;)
    Thank you :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    So it's not just me then......

Yeah, now you got me going on that 105 f/2 DC :D
    Must get my hands on one......

I feel like I'm Mr. Jones in the movie "The Joneses" cause you want to buy the lens I have lol.. They sport their extremely nice stuff to get people to buy it. But the people think the Joneses are just living an incredible lifestyle - they dont know they're actually not a real family and are indeed crooked salesmen. Thats not the case here, just reminded me of that.
    Jer
    I feel like I'm Mr. Jones in the movie "The Joneses" cause you want to buy the lens I have lol.. They sport their extremely nice stuff to get people to buy it. But the people think the Joneses are just living an incredible lifestyle - they dont know they're actually not a real family and are indeed crooked salesmen. Thats not the case here, just reminded me of that.
    Ha ha, yeah...
    It's exciting when you find out something new and amazing like this.
    A new unique tool to work with!

Was looking at the D7000 as a second body this tax season but I have something else that distracted me.
    That's a good thing right?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    Ha ha, yeah...
    It's exciting when you find out something new and amazing like this.
    A new unique tool to work with!

Was looking at the D7000 as a second body this tax season but I have something else that distracted me.
    That's a good thing right?

The D700 will never break down on you. Like, the chances of it happening are extremely slim to none. Get the lens! I'm gonna have to do some research cause idk anything about the D7000.. the 7000 makes it sound like a consumer dslr.. cause of the D5000 being one. But I may be wrong.
    Jer
    The D700 will never break down on you. Like, the chances of it happening are extremely slim to none. Get the lens! I'm gonna have to do some research cause idk anything about the D7000.. the 7000 makes it sound like a consumer dslr.. cause of the D5000 being one. But I may be wrong.

I was just thinking the same about the 700. so why worry about a second body?

The 7000 is being called a pro level body by B&H Insights and it has some advanced technologies that a low light shooter like myself has come to love about the 700.

The lens, I believe will give me an edge for concert photography as well as the dance events I shoot,
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    It looks like a sweet camera! I wouldn't say "PRO".. but its getting there! It would definitely be a good second camera to the D700. Blah... the SD cards.. I love my CF cards, wouldnt be able to own a camera that only has SD slots.
    Jer
    It looks like a sweet camera! I wouldn't say "PRO".. but its getting there! It would definitely be a good second camera to the D700. Blah... the SD cards.. I love my CF cards, wouldnt be able to own a camera that only has SD slots.
    It does sound very appealing doesn't it....
    Yeah...blah on the SD cards...I just dumped those when I gave the D80 to my cousin. headscratch.gif
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    It does sound very appealing doesn't it....
    Yeah...blah on the SD cards...I just dumped those when I gave the D80 to my cousin. headscratch.gif

I haven't used sd cards in over two years.. when I shot with a Canon XSI.
    Jer
    Ah, so you switched from Canon as well?
    I started in digital from film with a Canon Powershot and then made the leap to the D80.
    The Powershot used CF cards but I never used more than a 1gig because the camera was only a 5 megapixel model.
    Looking at the size of the body, I wonder if it's more of space factor why Nikon switched card types on lower end models?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited September 17, 2010
    Ah, so you switched from Canon as well?
    I started in digital from film with a Canon Powershot and then made the leap to the D80.
    The Powershot used CF cards but I never used more than a 1gig because the camera was only a 5 megapixel model.
    Looking at the size of the body, I wonder if it's more of space factor why Nikon switched card types on lower end models?

mhmm, started with the Canon XSI and then upgraded to the Canon 50D. After that I switched to the Nikon D300, and then upgraded to the D700. When I was looking at getting a D700 I was considering going back to Canon and getting a 5DMKII, but I decided I liked the D700 more. I'm never gonna get rid of this camera, the only way I will is if it dies!
    Jer
    edited September 17, 2010
    mhmm, started with the Canon XSI and then upgraded to the Canon 50D. After that I switched to the Nikon D300, and then upgraded to the D700. When I was looking at getting a D700 I was considering going back to Canon and getting a 5DMKII, but I decided I liked the D700 more. I'm never gonna get rid of this camera, the only way I will is if it dies!

Funny you say that because at the time, right before Christmas that year, I almost got the 5DM2...almost.....but.....I already had the 85 1.4 and didn't want to give that up.
    Boy am I glad i waited for the D700!!!
    Yo soy Reynaldo