Mount Shasta, CA - A unique perspective

ManticoreManticore Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited September 19, 2010 in Landscapes
Actually, I was passing thorough and couldn't spend a lot of time there. I was really bummed because it was unusually warm and very hazy, but I wasn't going to let that stop me! Actually, the haze was a blessing in disguise.

What do you think?

p52216690-5.jpg
- Steve

D300S, MB10, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16 2.8, SB800

http://www.justastateofmind.com

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    that's a trip! looks like the mountain is floating in a layer of clouds and completely disconnected from the ground! good catch!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    Very cool indeed!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    NICE, Steve! I've been up that way a couple of times and although it's an impressively tall mountain, it's difficult to make look good. You did it and the weather really cooperated there. What a great way to make lemonade from lemons. :D
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    Unbelievable! :wow :wow What a totally cool capture. I wonder how often that happens? eek7.gif
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    Is that Solider Mountain in the foreground?
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    Great capture. Definitely looks like it's floating.
  • ManticoreManticore Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    Thwack wrote: »
    Is that Solider Mountain in the foreground?

I don't know - I'm not familiar with that area at. I just know I was at a rest stop on I-5 heading home after a weeks' vacation!
    - Steve

D300S, MB10, Nikon 18-70, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR, Tamron 90mm macro, Tokina 11-16 2.8, SB800

http://www.justastateofmind.com
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2010
    Manticore wrote: »
    I don't know - I'm not familiar with that area at. I just know I was at a rest stop on I-5 heading home after a weeks' vacation!

Ah, different hill in the foreground then. Soldier Mountain is east of Redding near Fall River Mills (but looks surprisingly like the one in the foreground of your cool shot).
  • ToonartistToonartist Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    Great shot, it does look like one mountain floating on another!

Duncan
  • wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    whoa, that is pretty cool. I had to really stop and look at this to figure it out, lol
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2010
    Awesome capture. Not only does it look like the mountain is floating in the clouds, it looks like the mountain itself is made from the clouds.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"