Some Not So Self Portraits

JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited September 16, 2010 in People
Here are some shots from yesterday around town in a location I recently found. I took my girlfriend along to take some photos of me that I will be using for an upcoming portfolio website. She took the pictures of me and I had to take a few of her. Hope you like them!

All the shots are viewable at www.JonDraperPhotography.com
1009726346_SndXJ-L.jpg

1009724090_kHSzx-L.jpg

1010477952_XJRu9-L.jpg

1009727613_x9Pnb-L.jpg

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2010
    Interesting choice of composition on these.
    I could give further thoughts on these if you like :-)

I like the second and third the best.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    You two make a nice couple! iloveyou.gif
  • JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    I intentionally composed the 4th picture the way that I did. I am more for the far from traditional/formal look of typical portraits because it bothers me. I like changing things up and breaking the rules sometimes. Just some pics for fun. Thanks misterb
    I intentionally composed the 4th picture the way that I did. I am more for the far from traditional/formal look of typical portraits because it bothers me. I like changing things up and breaking the rules sometimes. Just some pics for fun. Thanks misterb

It's aways good to break rules, that's what they are for right.....to break?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    Jon, I checked out your site...nice WP layout I must say.
    You have some really cool portraits and I like your concert shots!

The thing about being different, that's great and yes fun if just for your own personal work but unless you have the clients to support that style most are going to expect within traditional constraints.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    All are technically well done even if a little saturated. My favorites are the first one and the last one. There's something about the extremely shallow dof in the first one that I really like. I think it has something to do with the shades. I really like the composition in the last one. At first glance I thought the two of you were on opposite sides of the corner of a building. Nice images.
  • JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    Thank you reyvee and Clix. I typically go for a more straight look with clients and such.. but I also mix some of these types of shots in with them just have as well. Thanks a bunch! I have a shoot tomorrow.. so i'll be posting client photos soon