A Touch Of The Sportin' Life

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited September 18, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Yes, it's good to get back to my roots. That cowboy, Randy, and some others of the Hooligan Posse had me sidetracked....FLOWERS, no less.
A man has to know when to stand his ground.

Speaking of men. Who said those old-timer boys didn't have some spunk. If this set of wheels didn't get the pulse pumping, something was wrong with you. Cadillac produced this baby in 1931. It's a model 370 Fleetwood Roadster. There were only 85 made and it was the last year that Cadillac offered a completely open roadster in any of its standard production lines. A V12 engine, 368 C.I. and putting out 135 HP, propelled this jewel in style.

1011281311_nyhfh-XL.jpg

1011281563_jdNkh-XL.jpg

1011281078_gv5sj-XL.jpg

827322870_spMdY-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2010
    Hey Tom......You did A great job on this one.......I like that car, that would be fun to run around in. It even has a Rumble seat. Were they also called a Dickey-Seat? gary:D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    Hi Gary,

I'm with you, buddy. I can see some of the gang hitting the hot spots in this thing.

I'm not familiar with that term " Dickey-Seats ". Do you suppose it referenced an arcane method of birth control?

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    135 hp and about a gazillion lb/ft of torque! And that on top of a million dollars worth of style. iloveyou.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
    Hey John,

You sure hit the nail on the head there. This car just drips panache and style. Thanks for looking in.

Tom
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    Now, Tom, I'm a-thinkin' I can see the dust on the horizon of a posse of 4-wheelers hot on my tracks!

They are wasting their time! Cars are one of my basic preoccupations, and while I now have a utilitarian van which doubles as a camper, my previous vehicle was a Renault Megane with which I was "seriously involved"! My brother has one, as well. Quietly stated futuristic elegance, with a French accent! Ooo-la-la!

This Caddy is wedding cake, but oh what a nuptials! You have shot it with real finesse!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited September 18, 2010
    Hey Neil,

I'm really lucky to get exposure to the cream of the crop of collector cars in this country. At one time or another, I hit the Pebble Beach show, catch Meadow Brook, and never miss the Amelia Island Concours. Those are the top three shows in this country.....there are a number of regional shows that are also quite significant. Sometimes I think I suffer from sensory overload.

I'm glad to hear you share a passion for autos.

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    Howdy Tom,

Glad to see you escaped from whoever held you capture and was out taking Flower Pics with your camera and using your
    Name But they were very nicely done flower pics

I love this one, and what a beautiful setting to display it, I can only imagine how wonderful it is to see these works
    of art in this beautiful venue.

Very nicely done!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    Hi Gary,

I'm with you, buddy. I can see some of the gang hitting the hot spots in this thing.

I'm not familiar with that term " Dickey-Seats ". Do you suppose it referenced an arcane method of birth control?

Tom

rolleyes1.gifNot much room...I bet somebody put it to the test..... gary:D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    When a lady want's fancy on a Sat. night .. she'd love to cruise around in that thumb.gif Well...at least I would :D
    Yo Craig,

These cars are positioned all along both sides of two long fairways at this beautiful seaside golf course. When you look upon all these spectacular vehicles assembled in one spot, it is virtually overwhelming.

Take care,

Tom
  • joedifjoedif Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    Wow...that is a cool ride

My SmugMug
    Hey Mary,

You can bet your bottom dollar that you'd be the first lady on the list to call if we could snare one of these things for a night on the town. They stage a big cruise around Amelia Island in a number of these priceless cars the day before the big show. It's a real thrill to see them in an open-road environment.

Tom
    Hi Joe,

It is a cool ride, for sure. Thanks for looking in.

Tom