harley rider

gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
edited September 2, 2005 in People
from my car window-some ca in background though-canon 20d and canon efs-60mm macro
Latitude: 37° 52'South
Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.

Comments

• PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2005
    I really like it. I've actually wanted to start shooting from my car recently. There are so many interesting subjects one sees while driving around, especially on the average daily commute. We only have to keep our eyes open and a boring drive becomes a great photo op.

Good job! clap.gif
  • gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2005
    safety issues with photo driving
    PeterGar wrote:
    I really like it. I've actually wanted to start shooting from my car recently. There are so many interesting subjects one sees while driving around, especially on the average daily commute. We only have to keep our eyes open and a boring drive becomes a great photo op.

Good job! clap.gif

Thanks-I usually drive around with camera strap around the head rest of the passenger seat-for those sudden stops I don't want my camera flying around-the window sill is a good rest and if you want more stability,when using telephoto or slow shutter speed,then I use a small plastic rice bag(250 grams) as my stable platform.

One thing to remember though-driving with a camera can be dangerous, as your use of vision is moving from that of a driver looking for potential collisions,road signs etc to a photographer looking for photo ops-it is very very difficult,if not impossible,to do both well together.

You have been warned!
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.