yet again practiced on this little kid while he was out riding his bike

Jay25Jay25 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited September 18, 2010 in People
I live pretty much in the sticks. They call this hole a town. Anyways most of the people i know live pretty far away. I just got a Quantum T5DR with wireless receiver, transmitter etc.. w/ turbo battery. I had the light set up to the left of me creating that triangular light effect. Photo was taken with a 5D Mark II, 70-200 2.8L ISO 100, I believe all the photos were on F4.5 @ 160-200 sec. I did use a white 42 inch umbrella to soften the light. Umbrella was purchased on Ebay @ $45 for 5 umbrellas. I forgot the flash settings, but it was definitely on manual. White balance was set on flash. Im practicing quite a bit on people. Trying to see if I can create that dramatic effect people always seem to talk about. Dont know if Im there or even near. All honest comments, critques good or bad welcome. Honesty if it is crappy just say so and do make suggestions please! Trying to reach pro level. I know it takes time and alot of shooting and practice.

There are my settings and more then happy to share.

1011869344_hQxMG-L.jpg

1011866063_Vqz3y-L.jpg

1011862825_Qqh2Z-L.jpg

1011859247_YfeFL-L.jpg

1011873811_zcGmw-L.jpg
1011877803_AiBrm-L.jpg

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2010
    Honestly I'm not big on the treatments as in the frames and or cutouts of the first four so I'll look past that and critique on the portraits themselves.
    I have not done a lot of out doors strobe work but I think your lighting turned out pretty good on most of these. I just get the feeling that they are a tad off on the WB.
    Did you shoot these while the sun was still out?
    I have a hard time with WB when I have used strobes in daylight outdoors.
    I really like the last one by the way
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Jay25Jay25 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2010
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not big on the treatments as in the frames and or cutouts of the first four so I'll look past that and critique on the portraits themselves.
    I have not done a lot of out doors strobe work but I think your lighting turned out pretty good on most of these. I just get the feeling that they are a tad off on the WB.
    Did you shoot these while the sun was still out?
    I have a hard time with WB when I have used strobes in daylight outdoors.
    I really like the last one by the way

I did shoot these when the sun was out. Thats why I had next to the tall trees in the shade. I may need to check my wb it it may be offheadscratch.gif but thanks for your post. I appreciate it