Options

Forest Hills--The Day After (series of 7)

2»

Comments

• Options
    misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2010
    Dodge tool, some noise removal, and spot removal tool for shadows on cheekbones.

after:
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    rainbow wrote: »
    Excellent series of shots. You did well showing the damage.

I do like #5 with the four all looking with emotion on the same scene, and #6 because of the quick return to "normalcy" amidst the chaos. (BTW, a simple fix here might be to just slide the "shadow" slider to brighter IF LR3 has such a function -- have this in PSE7 and DPP).

Juano and Rainbow thanks for commenting.
    #6 seems to be the winner except I havent' gotten the conversion (dodgin) quite right yet.

Glad you also like #5.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    misterb wrote: »
    Dodge tool, some noise removal, and spot removal tool for shadows on cheekbones.

after:

misterB
    Thanks for the step by step tutorial. I appreciate that and have learned from it. I also appreciate your version of the dodging, but I must say I like my original better:D, but then again I like grain.

The faces in your version look unnaturally smooth and light to me.

There has to be a happy medium.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    misterB
    Thanks for the step by step tutorial. I appreciate that and have learned from it. I also appreciate your version of the dodging, but I must say I like my original better:D, but then again I like grain.

The faces in your version look unnaturally smooth and light to me.

There has to be a happy medium.

If I had the full sized RAW file it would have looked better- but I just wanted to illustrate how the tool can enhance your shot because the kid with the shadow was central in the shot.

If you got anything out of it, it was worth the price of admission! :D
  • Options
    misterb wrote: »
    If I had the full sized RAW file it would have looked better- but I just wanted to illustrate how the tool can enhance your shot because the kid with the shadow was central in the shot.

If you got anything out of it, it was worth the price of admission! :D

These are all JPEG--I had a major problem with my camera not working properly. It would mis focus, not fire, all sorts of things going wrong so I was going to take it to have it looked at, but didnt' want to miss these shots. I shot in jpeg (don't ask why, it just made sense at the time with all the problems my camera was having). So no RAW version.

Found a link and hard booted my camera and it's fine now.
    Liz A.
    _________