Balloon Glow

pickerbwpickerbw Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited September 19, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I went to a balloon glow tonight with the family. I've never been to one, and it was pretty cool. Picture doesn't nearly do it justice, and it is SOOC. This was taken with a 3-year old on my shoulders, a radio flyer wagon at my feet, and amongst thousands of people, so this was the best vantage point I could get... You'll just have to take my word for it that it was cool. :D

1013135175_MLbp2-L.jpg

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2010
    If that's from Plano, TX...

I tried to get there tonight, but the traffic prevented my participation :cry

Nice shot
    Randy
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    Very cool. I tried to get to the balloon glow at our festival but it got canceled twice due to torential rains. Sigh.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • pickerbwpickerbw Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    rwells wrote: »
    If that's from Plano, TX...

I tried to get there tonight, but the traffic prevented my participation :cry

Nice shot

It is... I live in Carrollton and it took us three hours to get there. We left our house at 5 and got to the balloons right at 8, just in time for the balloon glow to start.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    Howdy,

That turned out wonderful, regardless of all the
    hurdles.

Really love the perspective and having all the folks in there as
    well, looks like a Madhouse!!!

Hope you have more to share, this one is just wonderful,
    would really like to see more.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • StephanyStephany Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    What a site! Did they take off? Looks like no wind at all. The photo is great.
  • pickerbwpickerbw Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    I'm glad you all enjoyed the photo.

It was a madhouse. From getting off the highway to parking at a nearby Sam's Club, it took two hours to go one mile... But, the kiddo enjoyed it, so it was worth it.

Here are a few more. I think the first one I posted was the best, but I liked these as well. They were all taken within about 15 minutes of each other.

Stephany - They didn't take off after dark, but did twice during the day. Once as the sun came up, and once later in the evening. I had wild aspirations of getting up early Saturday or Sunday morning to get some sunrise photos as they took off, but worked until 12:30 Friday night and didn't get to sleep until the same time last night... Wasn't too excited about getting up at 5:30 to make the trek out there... :cry Maybe next year.

1013646200_DaKnT-L.jpg

1013646513_XVXjZ-L.jpg

1013646546_ntQw5-L.jpg

1013646675_Fdb3j-L.jpg