Need Inspiration for upcoming Alaska Cruise

GeekSikhGeekSikh Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited September 20, 2010 in Landscapes
I am going on Alaska Cruise in a few days and am renting a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM lens so I can capture some great shots during my trip to Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan followed by a week in Vancouver.

I am hoping to get some good shots for posting in my house (2 framed pictures for house is my goal for this year) and hopefully earning some money for investment in more lenses :) from these shots using Smugmug.

Can you please share any locations or concpets/ideas for awesome photos :)

Thanks,
Gurvinder Singh
gurvindersingh.smugmug.com

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2010
    Check out some recent posts by others who have recently been to Alaska. Lots of good photos (and ideas!).

I took my family on an Alaska cruise in 2006. One thing I highly recommend is taking a helicopter ride to one or more glacier landings. The experience is unique and breathtaking!

Here's a link to my photos from that vacation: http://tonyp.smugmug.com/Vacation/2006-Western-Adventure
    I'll warn you, it was part of 3 week vacation, including a 2 week drive preceding the cruise, so lots of pics! But there's a gallery for each day, so you can visit those that interest you most.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • GeekSikhGeekSikh Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    Thanks Tony
    I am checking them out the gallerires right now :)

Thanks,
    Gurvinder
    aj986s wrote: »
    Check out some recent posts by others who have recently been to Alaska. Lots of good photos (and ideas!).

I took my family on an Alaska cruise in 2006. One thing I highly recommend is taking a helicopter ride to one or more glacier landings. The experience is unique and breathtaking!

Here's a link to my photos from that vacation: http://tonyp.smugmug.com/Vacation/2006-Western-Adventure
    I'll warn you, it was part of 3 week vacation, including a 2 week drive preceding the cruise, so lots of pics! But there's a gallery for each day, so you can visit those that interest you most.
  • esfishdocesfishdoc Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    Good Morning,

Karen and I recently went on vacation that took us places in Alaska. We took the Alaska Railroad from Fairbanks to Anchorage and then to Seward where we then hopped a cruise that took us to the places you mentioned.

Feel free to look at the images here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33755787@N03/sets/

The weather has the potential to be quite cloudy and damp so consider raingear for you and your camera.

Enjoy your trip.

Richard