Options

Second Time As A Second

BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited September 22, 2010 in Weddings
So the whole time I had Matt's advice in the back of my head saying 'pull back more, show more of the venue.' I worked toward that in this wedding and I know there is likely still more 'room:wink' for improvement.

I hope you all can take a minute and look at them on my site since the main photog was not too clear about posting on forums and I dont want to overstep my bounds.

Any CC is greatly appreciated as always.

http://www.bensimonstudio.com/?p=464

Comments

• Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2010
    Overall the set looks great!!clap.gif I wouldn't have thought they were from a 2nd if you didn't say so.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    WOW, nice work!!They look great even as the main photographer!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    Wow! Very very very nice set! I would be scared to have you as a second shooter cause I'm pretty sure you would take better pictures than me!
    Jer
  • Options
    Thanks Jeremy,

Ive been following your progress as well, I really like a lot of the shots on your site. I especially like your site layout and logo! thumb.gif
  • Options
    1000th Post!
    Thanks! I definitely put a lot of money into my branding, so its good to hear it looks good.

Sweet! 1000th post! W00T!
    Jer
  • Options
    Nice buddy! My logo design is in its final stages and should be up by the end of the week. Ill post it on here to see what you all think.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    these are not bad at all! A fair amount of shots are just the back sides of folks which is not that interesting. a lot of shots are a touch soft. I would go with touch stronger black point on most shots as well as a vignette to focus the eyes the more to the subject.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Qarik, thanks for your input! I loved your last set, especially the ring shot. Your work is always super sharp, love it.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    Nice to see you improving!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    Thanks so much. I just love everything about it and cant wait for the next one. So far the next is Oct 16th!
  • Options
    Bsimon wrote: »
    Nice buddy! My logo design is in its final stages and should be up by the end of the week. Ill post it on here to see what you all think.

When I initially viewed your pictures I was on my Motorola Droid. Now That I'm back to my normal 32" HDTV I'm even more impressed!

Oh, and I see you too have felt the high costs of having a nice blogsite. ProPhoto 3 is NOT cheap, but DEFINITELY worth the investment! My logo cost me about half that.. so, also not cheap. (but a lot better than some people that I know. Becker, higher end photographer out in California, spent like $10,000 on his current branding I think)
    Jer
  • Options
    Wow thanks Jeremy. Regarding the costs of branding / site development, i've always been from the school of thought that says dress for the job you want. In this case it means my website, branding, personal look etc have to exude the position I eventually want down the road as a wedding shooter. I know it will be some time before I get there but in the meantime if I can have a good looking site etc, I feel it will help guide me toward where I eventually want to be. (I also think images look much better when they are displayed nicely.)
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    Definitely an improvement, I really don't see anything stick out to rag on you about! Just keep shooting and developing your style...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Thanks Matt! Next one coming up soon, can't wait
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    mpaulie wrote: »
    Overall the set looks great!!clap.gif I wouldn't have thought they were from a 2nd if you didn't say so.

Agreed, wouldn't have known you were the second shooter without you telling us :)