Ladybug and Grapes

AndaGAndaG Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited September 21, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
[FONT=&quot]Hello everyone! This is my first post here in Digital Grin, so I hope I did it correctly and in the right forum =) Below is a wide-angle shot I took just this past weekend. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Background-I was with friends and family on a cellar tour at one of the wineries here in Texas and they were in the middle of harvesting. While taking pictures of the grapes sitting in the large vats waiting to be processed, I noticed this little guy on a grape leaf. He was near the dead center of the vat, where I could not take a picture by looking into the viewfinder to set up the shot, so I ended up holding the camera out almost at arm’s length, taking a shot, and checking the image real quick. I took a few pictures like this =)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Comments

• AndaGAndaG Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 20, 2010
    Second Shot
    Found my other shot which was straight down =)

-Anda
  • starclusterstarcluster Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2010
    well the lady bug is so small and i was Drawn by the fruits Color.

so i suggest that you take the Shot a little bit closer to make the lady bug more visible, if it was your first intention to make the lady bug as your main composition element

but nice Shot! well done :3
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 21, 2010
    Welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. I like the composition of the second shot better than the first. But if the bug is to be the subject, it needs to fill more of the frame. So you either need to get closer or use a longer lens. Or if you have enough pixels, try a radical crop. Nice colors.
  • AndaGAndaG Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 21, 2010
    Thanks for the imput! My focus at the time was the grape leaf in the middle of the vat, I just happend to notice the little bug when I got closer, but still wanted the grapes and leaves in the shot. I think I will try and see if I can't get closer to the ladybug with cropping.

-Anda