First couple shoot

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited September 24, 2010 in People
I wanted to get some practice shooting people, so I gathered up my friend and her bf, who both happen to be gorgeous!! Here are a few from the shoot.Quick question, how do the colors look? I am not calibrated and they look warm on one monitor and fine on the other. I edited the photos and recropped. I usually don't crop until after the client tells me what they want, I have to remember to crop for me when posting. Are these better? TIA!!!

1. 5019428082_dcb1bd6ace_z.jpg

2. 5018823209_c0e26beda0.jpg

3. 5019427692_dafd3227b1.jpg

4. 5018822835_7022d7370c.jpg

5. 5019427052_0c985567f3.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2010
    Well I think these are nice.
    It looks like the color temperature is different in every image (minus the B&W) but I'm not on my calibrated monitor at home so I'll have a look when I get there.
    I really like the B&W as well.
    My initial thoughts on 2, 4, and 5 have more to do with the compositions, I think tighter crops would work better.....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2010
    Much tighter crops. The colors look muted to me; but nice.
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    nice work. i like the feel you've captured in these. i agree with the cropping suggestion, just a bit more would help the composition, i think. the colors look muted to me, too, but i like the way it looks.
    Kristen
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    I agree, tighter crops and the colors look off
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    Only 2 of 5 photos currently available accd. to flickr!

What I did see, The poses left much to be desired. mostly because at the crop you have, they distract rather than enhance.

That said, I tend to leave quite a bit of crop room on my images I do for others because I can never seem to figure out what size/crop they'll like or want.
    tom wise
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    I edited the photos with re-crops, are they better now? I do the same thing, I don't crop until after the client tells me what sizes they want. From now on I am going to crop twice, once for me, and once for them :)

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    Really like #2, great angle!
    Fstoplife wrote: »
    I edited the photos with re-crops, are they better now? I do the same thing, I don't crop until after the client tells me what sizes they want. From now on I am going to crop twice, once for me, and once for them :)

Much better :D
    What a difference

So you typically shoot wider so you can crop down?
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    Oh, one is my fave btw....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    Fstoplife wrote: »

Yes, exactly! That is what I do often.
    tom wise
  • FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    For the most part, I do shoot wider and crop down, I feel it's easier to take out than to add. I guess it really depends on what I am shooting, I liked the beach bg here, so I wanted to make sure, and I really dislike when I don't see horizons in outdoor photos, like when it looks like the whole bg is grass or the ocean, when it's an out door shot, I have to see the sky and ground, otherwise it bothers me. It's just a thing of mine.