Large families?

AshleybAshleyb Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited September 21, 2010 in People
Helllooooo
I was wondering if I could have some advice from those who shoot large families.
I just got an email from somebody, to shoot a family of 29 people.
I have NEVER done a group that large before.
I was first of all looking for posing examples.
However, I am also wondering about your pricing.
How do you price for groups that big?
I havent told her yes or no. I guess I am looking for more information about shooting large families before I give the yay or nay.
This family is a big name in the area and could potentially bring a lot of business.. ugh..
Thank you,
Ashley

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2010
    Ashleyb wrote: »
    Helllooooo
    I was wondering if I could have some advice from those who shoot large families.
    I just got an email from somebody, to shoot a family of 29 people.
    I have NEVER done a group that large before.
    I was first of all looking for posing examples.
    However, I am also wondering about your pricing.
    How do you price for groups that big?
    I havent told her yes or no. I guess I am looking for more information about shooting large families before I give the yay or nay.
    This family is a big name in the area and could potentially bring a lot of business.. ugh..
    Thank you,
    Ashley

With groups that large you will be locked into landscape orientation and more than likely will have everyone standing. The fun part is arranging everyone in a manner that is pleasing to the eye, positioning and height etc....

You could chose to have them sitting but that is more than likely going to create a lot of work on your part with positioning.

You will have to consider the lighting as well to make sure that everyone is well exposed.
    Of course an f stop of 8 or greater is a must for insure depth of focus as you will probably have to layer people in three or more rows.
    Yo soy Reynaldo