SOLD: 5D Mark II

damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited September 23, 2010 in House of Canon
My 5DII is up on the auction block. About 18,500 shutter clicks. I am leaving the Canon digital world.

This camera is in great condition and was used in a smoke free home. There are no scratches on the body.

Will ship in the original box with cap, Canon battery, and blank warranty card.

PM me with questions.

I am asking $1,950, PayPal, shipping included.

This is a great camera and I'm sure I will cry for a few days after it's gone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200522370509&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1154

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2010
    wings.gifYou're doin' it!!! Good going Damon. Now we just need a film forum on the site.thumb.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    Patti wrote: »
    wings.gifYou're doin' it!!! Good going Damon. Now we just need a film forum on the site.thumb.gif

That would be cool Patti. There would only be about 10 contributors though, but I'd enjoy it! Hopefully someone out there wants a 5D2!
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    I can't imagine this won't be grabbed in short order Damon.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    I'll make sure to keep you company. We can compare notes with the F100. I don't know that much about Canon, but I'm slightly surprised they don't have a nice film body you could have moved to instead of switching complete systems. Good luck moving the gear.
    edited September 23, 2010
    Off to eBay!
  • craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    michswiss wrote: »
    I'll make sure to keep you company. We can compare notes with the F100. I don't know that much about Canon, but I'm slightly surprised they don't have a nice film body you could have moved to instead of switching complete systems. Good luck moving the gear.

I'm not sure what, if any, film cameras Canon still makes (I'm too lazy to check at the moment), but there certainly have been excellent Canon EOS film cameras that he could use if he wanted to. The EOS 1v is the ultimate EOS film camera. The EOS 3 and Elan 7 are also good choices.

For myself, when I got back into film cameras, I tried using my old Canon EOS Elan and got annoyed with it because I've come to dislike all the automation of modern cameras. It wasn't just wanting to get away from digital, it was wanting to get away from having motors of any kind in the camera -- autofocus, auto-advance/rewind, etc. That meant I couldn't stay with EOS since it was a modern, highly automated/motorized system from day one, and since EOS is completely incompatible with the older Canon hardware, I had no compelling reason to stay with Canon and one good reason not to: curiosity! What are other brands like? So I bought a Nikon FE and have since bought Pentax and Konica cameras as well as a second Nikon, an F2 with the original non-AI metering finder.

I like the idea of a film forum here on dgrin. Photo.net has a "Classic Manual Cameras" forum, which isn't exactly the same idea (you don't talk about AF cameras there), but serves a similar purpose.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    craig_d wrote: »
    I'm not sure what, if any, film cameras Canon still makes (I'm too lazy to check at the moment), but there certainly have been excellent Canon EOS film cameras that he could use if he wanted to. The EOS 1v is the ultimate EOS film camera. The EOS 3 and Elan 7 are also good choices.

For myself, when I got back into film cameras, I tried using my old Canon EOS Elan and got annoyed with it because I've come to dislike all the automation of modern cameras. It wasn't just wanting to get away from digital, it was wanting to get away from having motors of any kind in the camera -- autofocus, auto-advance/rewind, etc. That meant I couldn't stay with EOS since it was a modern, highly automated/motorized system from day one, and since EOS is completely incompatible with the older Canon hardware, I had no compelling reason to stay with Canon and one good reason not to: curiosity! What are other brands like? So I bought a Nikon FE and have since bought Pentax and Konica cameras as well as a second Nikon, an F2 with the original non-AI metering finder.

I like the idea of a film forum here on dgrin. Photo.net has a "Classic Manual Cameras" forum, which isn't exactly the same idea (you don't talk about AF cameras there), but serves a similar purpose.

Thanks for the insight. I had no idea. I'd imagine that any "film" section should be limited to techniques around scanning and conversion and/or working in hybrid environments. Hopefully the resulting images end up in the normal sections and it doesn't matter too much how we make them.
    I like the idea of a film to digital workflow forum.

Craig, I currently have a Nikon F100 and I am going to buy a Nikon F6 with the proceeds from the 5D. One body for color, one for b/w.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    :bash

First your 85 1.2 and now a 5d for this price? Oh, how I wish I was made of money.... :cry

Good luck with the sale!!
  • envision1envision1 Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    pm sent