Options

Drag Racing

gouldphotogouldphoto Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited February 24, 2006 in Sports
Hello all,
New to the forums, thought I'd introduce myself with a few shots from the track. Good to see an active photo forum with positive feedback and suggestions happening.

Quick about me.... Been shooting for the past 20+ years been a Minolta guy the whole time, done some medium format work. Currently shooting Minolta 7D with 70-200/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 300/4, 50-500(Bigma) and 24-135 for a walk around lens.

If you cant tell from my gallery, my area of interest is automotive. Just been doing alot of shooting at the drag stip recently.

Comments/Suggestions/Criticisms all welcome.

Lots more at www.gouldphoto.com

Steve G

All shots uncropped, minor levels adjustment.
33595824-M.jpg

33597444-M.jpg

33572010-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2005
    They look great to me but i'm new to photography, took my bike to a run what you brung once great fun
    Gary
    gouldphoto wrote:
    Hello all,
    New to the forums, thought I'd introduce myself with a few shots from the track. Good to see an active photo forum with positive feedback and suggestions happening.

Quick about me.... Been shooting for the past 20+ years been a Minolta guy the whole time, done some medium format work. Currently shooting Minolta 7D with 70-200/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 300/4, 50-500(Bigma) and 24-135 for a walk around lens.

If you cant tell from my gallery, my area of interest is automotive. Just been doing alot of shooting at the drag stip recently.

Comments/Suggestions/Criticisms all welcome.

Lots more at www.gouldphoto.com

Steve G

All shots uncropped, minor levels adjustment.
    33595824-M.jpg

33597444-M.jpg

33572010-M.jpg
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited September 5, 2005
    Steve,

I like your shots. Lots of nice color and kewl action thumb.gifthumb.gif In most of these shots you can also see the rider's face pretty well clap.gif

The only criticism I have relates to this. I'd prefer the rider's faces (and leathers) a bit lighter/brighter ne_nau.gif

Nice work,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2005
    Steve,
    Thanks for the input. I will try that out with a few of the night shots, a little curves work should be able to bring out face/leather a bit more. I'll ask some of the guys to wear lighter colors next week :):

Check out the Bikes 9-2-05 gallery,
    http://www.gouldphoto.com/gallery/779764/1/34554146
    the first 3 shots were taken as the sun was setting, great light and good facial features. Was trying out my new 300/4 lens. I can get alot closer and go portrait to fill the frame with bike and rider. Going to be trying that out this coming Friday night.

Steve

Steve,

I like your shots. Lots of nice color and kewl action thumb.gifthumb.gif In most of these shots you can also see the rider's face pretty well clap.gif

The only criticism I have relates to this. I'd prefer the rider's faces (and leathers) a bit lighter/brighter ne_nau.gif

Nice work,
    Steve
  • Options
    jmknightsjmknights Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Also have drag racing interest in VT... Just want to share interests.
    Found your photos doing a search for racing interests in this forum. My hobby is drag racing photography. We spend most of weekends at Lebanon Valley Ny. My photos can be seen at:
    http://photosbyjim.smugmug.com/Cars

Cameras: Sony 828,717, H1 new this spring Sony R1

All photos from above link taken with 828 and 717...

Here is a 55 Chevy standing up and begging for more:
    49418423-M.jpg
    Jim
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    thumb.gif Great to see your work, Steve. Where ya live? I look forward to shooting drag racing - I can see a lot of fun with it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    Nice shots, number two is phenomonal, it would have been if that other racer wasn't there, but hey sometimes you can't get them out of the shot. Nice photos for sure though, keep it up. thumb.gif
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2006
    NHRA: John Force
    Nice shots, number two is phenomonal, it would have been if that other racer wasn't there, but hey sometimes you can't get them out of the shot. Nice photos for sure though, keep it up. thumb.gif

I've attended the Nationals in Joliet the last two year...what a blast! Force is my favorite, yes that makes me a Ford fan too. Here is a shot of one of John's famous burnouts!

I'm still working on the switch to my smugmug gallery. clap.gif

www.leiningerphotos.com
    www.leiningerphotos.smugmug.com
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    jmknightsjmknights Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2006
    John Force is still my Hero!! Ever seen him on a snowmobile:
    57516354-L.jpg
    Jeffro wrote:
    I've attended the Nationals in Joliet the last two year...what a blast! Force is my favorite, yes that makes me a Ford fan too. Here is a shot of one of John's famous burnouts!

I'm still working on the switch to my smugmug gallery. clap.gif

www.leiningerphotos.com
    www.leiningerphotos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2006
    Drag Racing
    Thanks all, didnt expect to see this post up top again after so long. You can visit my gallery for another 6000+ drag racing shots.

I am down in GA not far from the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce.

I will be shooting the Southern Nationals this year for Drag Illustrated, can't wait for that one. Otherwise just waiting for the season to get racing again.

Steve Gould
    www.gouldphoto.com