My Macro World...

Edyta_PutreszaEdyta_Putresza Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited September 29, 2010 in Holy Macro
Hello,

This is my first time here, so please be patient :)
first of all let me quickly introduce myself -
My name is Edyta, I'm 26 :D - basicaly I'm very much into macro, wildlife & landscape photography... I'm taking pictures with Nikon D200 + Nikkor 105 2.8 + auto extension tubes; wildlife + landscapes 70-300 4.5 VR, sometimes with borrowed sigma 10-24
I would like to show you some of my shots today and I'm looking forward to find out what you think about my work... (please mind I'm not an experienced photographer, I've been practicing since february this year)

ok then...

bialypegazzpodpisem.jpg

symondsyatborder.jpg

bialoczarnyzpodpisemep.jpg

# 4

powiewwiosnywkwadracie.jpg

Comments

• AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    Very nice shots Edyta. Macro is tough! I use the same equipment as you, except the camera. I use the D-80. Shooting with tubes is very hard, and I am still learning. Good shots and lighting.
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    beautiful work & welcome to this great forum thumb.gif
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    welcome to the forum wave.gif

looks like you are producing some good shots
    #2 is great, very nice light,good composition and focus on head.

in #3 the head is oof, when shooting side on you need to make sure all the butterfly is in focus, quite difficult actually :D
  • Edyta_PutreszaEdyta_Putresza Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    Thanks a lot everyone. I will upload some other macro shots today, this time some flowers :)
    (Btw - it wouldn't be so hard to take a sharp pics of the butterflies if I was allowed to use the tripod in the butterfly house - then I could possibly use the higher F no...)
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    Welcome to the forum - some lovely butterfly shots !
    Brian v.
    jakmalowany.jpg
    edited September 24, 2010
    here is another one

kwiatek50p.jpg
  • AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2010
    I hate to post a pic and no one comments, so I will be the first. The first flower looks great, with alot of detail to look at. The second one is ok, but nothing to see. Flowers are hard in Macro, and theres just a couple on here that can make them special. Like getting the stamen or pollen in view. Just my newbie suggestions.
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    I love the vibrant colors on the first flower.
    The second looks a little flat. I'd try bumping the contrast and maybe a tighter crop or different perspective. Straight down shots on flowers are very difficult to get to "pop" but there are others on here who can explain better.
    I think all your shots are great, especially as you are new to macro photography. I am even newer, just starting to get my feet wet - not even got hold of a macro lens yet :) I'm starting with flowers, and they are a lot trickier than I thought, not only to get an in-focus shot, but also an interesting shot. Great work so far though, looking forward to seeing more.