Waldo Lake, Oregon

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited September 25, 2010 in Landscapes
Couple of recent landscape pics of Waldo Lake in Oregon.

Last photo is me getting drenched in the heavy rain that ended the trip!

128698896.jpg

128698905.jpg

128699160.jpg

128712351.jpg

128698893.jpg

128698895.jpg

128616262.jpg

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    Really like the perspective you chose for these photos, colors and reflection came out amazing!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    Really like the perspective you chose for these photos, colors and reflection came out amazing!

Thanks, Awais. Decided to only bring my 16-35 lens (on a full-frame camera) on the trip to force myself to shoot wide.

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    I gotta say I'm in favor of the last shot. You get a real sense of what it's like to be there, although the shots over the lake of the (clear) sky are lovely, too. lol3.gif
    edited September 24, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    I gotta say I'm in favor of the last shot. You get a real sense of what it's like to be there, although the shots over the lake of the (clear) sky are lovely, too. lol3.gif

Thanks Schmoo. The irony is I didn't realize just how much it was raining until I got home and looked at the photos. It's that whole frog-in-a-pot-of-water-on-the-stove. Sometimes when you're in the middle of a big storm, you get so used to it you don't realize how soggy you are! rolleyes1.gif

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    A great set of images. If I had to pick a fav, I'd say #4. The last one with the canoe made me smile as I remembered a trip hiking the Long Trail, after two days of constant rain we hiked out and hitch a ride into Waitsfield where the Mad River Canoes are built, and discovered Green Mountain Roasters when they were just a small cafe in Waitsfield.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
    Thanks Phil! Oh I'd love to see the Mad River Canoe factory! That boat has been amazing for me -- even ran it as a whitewater canoe for a while.

• starclusterstarcluster Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    wow! great Depth
    well done
  • ToonartistToonartist Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    Great series, I really like #2 but the last one tells a story of what it's like to get the nice shots, very good.

Duncan