A Hawk

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited September 25, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
The picture was taken this morning.... It is rare that I get close enough to a hawk to get any kind of a picture.

1019447929_2q7AS-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    Not sure, but did you clone out some of the wires? I'm not a bit fan of it. Nice view of the talons. Did you have to crop in a lot?
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    Cool
    Obviously leave the wire it's landing on but I would finish the clone of the other wire...
    Nice catch
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    Not sure, but did you clone out some of the wires? I'm not a bit fan of it. Nice view of the talons. Did you have to crop in a lot?

Yes I had to crop it......Yup, cloned out one wire the others were that way. Just made all look alike....... I don't have the glass to shoot birds, but like to shoot um.....Thanks for looking and commenting....I always appreciate feed back.....gary:D
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Cool
    Obviously leave the wire it's landing on but I would finish the clone of the other wire...
    Nice catch

Thanks for looking and the comment........Cloning out the other wire is a good idea.........:Dgary
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Thanks for looking and the comment........Cloning out the other wire is a good idea.........:Dgary

That what I was thinking too but looking back I can't see how you would have gotten that idea. I wouldn't cut off the landing wire but would remove the top wire to nowhere.

Who needs bird glass when you can use the "digital zoom?":D

My only suggestion other than the wires, could you bring down the contrast or add some fill light to the hawks face? Too bad it had to land in the shadow!
    That what I was thinking too but looking back I can't see how you would have gotten that idea. I wouldn't cut off the landing wire but would remove the top wire to nowhere.

Who needs bird glass when you can use the "digital zoom?":D

My only suggestion other than the wires, could you bring down the contrast or add some fill light to the hawks face? Too bad it had to land in the shadow!

I really tried to lighten his/her face......I shoot really early in the mornings and I get a lot of contrast and pretty deep shadows....

But here is the facerolleyes1.gif You know this might have made a better shot to show... I wouldn't have to deal with them dumb wires.

1019327110_UHm4B-M.jpg

Thanks again for the interest........gary:D
    Is this an adult hawk or a juvenile? Do you know?
    Is this an adult hawk or a juvenile? Do you know?

I have know idea..and I don't know what kind of hawk it is..... It did let me get really close and I got this shot. In my experience ( which isn't much) they don't let you get very close. :Dgary
    Azzaro wrote: »
    I have know idea..and I don't know what kind of hawk it is..... It did let me get really close and I got this shot. In my experience ( which isn't much) they don't let you get very close. :Dgary

Oh, well, my wife and I thought itlooks like a baby. Thought you might know.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    So cute...looks like a young one, but also it looks like it's drying out too.

Great shot thumb.gif
    edited September 25, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    So cute...looks like a young one, but also it looks like it's drying out too.

Great shot thumb.gif

Thanks Mary K. :Dgary