A couple of Cubans

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited September 25, 2010 in People
I took this while visiting the town of Jaruco, my parents hometown in Cuba. Jaruco is in the province of Havana.

These two guys were sitting next door to the home where my mother and father once lived. One of them, the black man, actually remembered my father.

1019994232_Fsd76-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    Nice photo! Love it .... show us more clap.gif
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    Great tones and back story, maybe the crop is just a wee bit tight over his head
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    Thanks guys. I like this photo but I didn't love it until I processed it in B&W. Works so much better in B&W. Reyvee... I wish I would've given him a bit more head room.

Angie... Here is another I posted over in the Street forum but I guess I can post here too since there are people in the photo and there are some that view this forum that don't visit the Street and P&J.

This one is of El Prado. I guess you can call it a park that runs from El Capitilio, which is the Capital building in old Havana, all the way down to El Melecon, which is the sea wall that protects the city from the tides. People use it as a walk way but there are also benches and many planters and such where people relax or congregate to talk and shoot the breeze.

1019997085_neua7-X2.jpg
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    B&W really makes these work....beautiful!
    Yo soy Reynaldo