1019799419_7zQCj-L.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    #1 - Hmmm No

#2 - Hmmm YES, expersion of tourists (don't look like there picking up what he's sellin) & of course the Hat :D
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    I like 'em both.

Love the expression on the woman's face in #1 -

The expressions in #2 are priceless!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    Flyinggina wrote: »
    I like 'em both.

Love the expression on the woman's face in #1 -

The expressions in #2 are priceless!

Virginia

Thanks Benjamin and Virginia,
    #1 worked for me for the expression on the woman's face and the little slice of busy city life on the left of the frame.

#2 is my favorite of the two though, for the same reason you both mentioned. Such skepticism. I didnt' stick around to see if he made the sale.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    I like them both, but the second is really great. I'd be surprised if he made the deal...

Did you do the same processing you usually do? I usually look for (and love!) your deep blacks and very "contrasty" aesthetic, but these look like you used a slightly lighter hand...and I like it!
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    I like them both, but the second is really great. I'd be surprised if he made the deal...

Did you do the same processing you usually do? I usually look for (and love!) your deep blacks and very "contrasty" aesthetic, but these look like you used a slightly lighter hand...and I like it!

Hi there,
    i think I did use a lighter hand. Still don't have a solid workflow so I just eyeball things til they feel right. I was also working with photos taken on a very sunny day with extreme shadows and blow outs.

The second shot they were all in the shade so I had to lighten it etc. and I wound up with a less contrasty shot. Glad you like it and thanks for commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    They're both good Liz but #2 is the more compelling of the pair. The body language and expressions are worth a thousand words.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography