Green, cool and damp

StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
edited September 25, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I did some more playing with my new(er) lens to see what quality of bokeh I could get out of it. Thought I'd share the results. :D

First, some shots of iris leaves in my garden. The wind was blowing fairly steadily and rain was threatening, so I just focused blindly and shot, hoping I'd get something in focus--or at least an interesting abstract.

1006701365_GKpi2-L.jpg

1006701500_Bdobf-L.jpg

And a shot through my front window after the rain started in earnest:

1019335591_oEYse-L.jpg

Odd shot, I know...but I have to say, it looks really cool as a desktop background...makes my 30" monitor look sopping wet!

Comments are always welcome!!

Comments

• bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    Nice shots and I had to chuckle when I noticed your location. Green, cool and damp sums it up perfectly. rolleyes1.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 25, 2010
    Love the last one. thumb.gif
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    I bet your monitor looks sopping wet with the last one :D

Like all three of them ... what lens were you playing around with?
  • StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    bgarland wrote: »
    Nice shots and I had to chuckle when I noticed your location. Green, cool and damp sums it up perfectly. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks! The funny thing is that I actually live on the sunny side of the Cascades...although I spent well over a decade in Portland and whenever I see shots like this, that's what I think of. I was surprised by how I was able to isolate the same lush green in these shots...most of our property is blue-green (juniper, pine and sage) and lots of shades of gold and brown.
    Richard wrote: »
    Love the last one. thumb.gif

Thanks, Richard! I was kind of tickled that it turned out so interesting!
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    My favorite is the last one........thumb.gif gary:D
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I bet your monitor looks sopping wet with the last one :D

Like all three of them ... what lens were you playing around with?

I'm sorry...I meant to include that. I bought an m4/3 camera (Olympus EP1) this summer so that I'd have decent camera with interchangeable lenses which I could slip in my bag and have with me no matter where I'm traveling (sometimes my other kit is just too large to take with me). Anyway....I bought a Panasonic 20mm/1.7 lens to go with it. I'm really happy with it so far!

Now my next experiment is going to be the purchase of some adapter rings so that I can use my old FD lenses with the camera. I have no idea how that will work...but it will be fun to play around.
    Azzaro wrote: »
    My favorite is the last one........thumb.gif gary:D

Thanks, Gary!
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    I'm sorry...I meant to include that. I bought an m4/3 camera (Olympus EP1) this summer so that I'd have decent camera with interchangeable lenses which I could slip in my bag and have with me no matter where I'm traveling (sometimes my other kit is just too large to take with me). Anyway....I bought a Panasonic 20mm/1.7 lens to go with it. I'm really happy with it so far!

Now my next experiment is going to be the purchase of some adapter rings so that I can use my old FD lenses with the camera. I have no idea how that will work...but it will be fun to play around.

That lens sure takes good photo, but it's the photographer that makes it work thumb.gif
    Dogdots wrote: »
    That lens sure takes good photo, but it's the photographer that makes it work thumb.gif

Thanks, Mary! I have a good time...and it is fun to share the experiments! :giggle
  • silvereyesilvereye Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    Ha... I know that wet and damp all too well... Actaully a very nice day today in Seattle! .. nice images :)