NH fall colors

cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
edited September 25, 2010 in Landscapes
I had a few minutes this morning to take a little walk in the woods near Goffstown, NH. The colors are starting to come out, but we're still a little while away from the peak.

I'm very new to this landscape thing, but I'd like to learn, so please tell me how to improve, whether the shot itself or the PP. Thanks!

20100924-_CAB2835.jpg
Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
My site 365 Project

Comments

• Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    I'm jealous. That's the one thing I miss most during this time of year. Beautiful location.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    First step -- include some foreground interest. Get down lower and include some rocks in the stream in the bottom third of the frame (maybe with some leaves on them?) and you'll automatically improve your composition.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• starclusterstarcluster Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    Really Great Catch!

i would just suggest trying Showing the reflection of that bridge and also the colors, the colorful trees are good source here, maybe if you wait until sunset or shoot it in sunrise time, the results would be perfect ;)
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    Natalie - thanks, Fall in New England is my absolute favorite time anywhere!

Pete - I know what you mean, I was trying to make that large rock in the lower left stand out, but I don't think I did a good job. I couldn't get myself any further out in the stream to be nearer the rock, keep the bridge in the frame, and keep my feet dry (I was headed to a golf tournament). I'll keep looking for better comps!

starcluster - this actually was at sunrise, or just a little bit after. I was disappointed in how the light was "waking up," so I didn't stay too long and shoot any more. I was determined to get at least something, so this was the best I could see given the conditions. I have a few more weeks where the color should be good, so I'll keep trying! Thanks for the input!
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project