just a thought really - it works as is too...:):
  • SnapTheFrogSnapTheFrog Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    burke wrote:
    wow
    very evocative
    have you tried it in b&w?
    just a thought really - it works as is too...:):
    Thank you. No harm in asking about black and white. Yes, I tried it in that, but for some reason, I thought the contrast between his drab colored clothing and the others around him was better. Here's the b/w verson.
    34482448-M.jpg

Another picture I took came out very good in black and white. I gave him some money and asked if I could take his picture. He was very nice about it.

34467846-M.jpg
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    the black and whites are fantastic!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    Thank you. No harm in asking about black and white. Yes, I tried it in that, but for some reason, I thought the contrast between his drab colored clothing and the others around him was better. Here's the b/w verson.

Another picture I took came out very good in black and white. I gave him some money and asked if I could take his picture. He was very nice about it.
    The B/W are very nice, especially the second one. On the first one (man on bench) I think there is more to be had in the BW conversion. I'd play around a little with the following method. Create three adjustment layers, first one curves, on top of that hue/saturation, and on top of that channel mixer set to monochrome. IMHO this picture calls for a little more dramatic BW conversion. Let me know if it is OK for me to work on it and post the results.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com