1st Baby Shoot

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited September 28, 2010 in People
Well the couple that I did there maternity pictures for had their baby recently. Today was my first go at a baby shoot and I am super happy at the results! Im curious as to what you all think! Please let me know what you like (or dont like) about these! Thanks for viewing!

DSC_3939ed.jpg
DSC_3951ed.jpg
DSC_3963ed.jpg
DSC_4009ed.jpg
DSC_4028ed.jpg
DSC_4063ed.jpg
DSC_4080ed.jpg
DSC_4105ed.jpg
DSC_4111ed.jpg
DSC_4117ed.jpg
DSC_4123ed.jpg
DSC_4125ed.jpg
DSC_4135ed.jpg
DSC_4143ed.jpg

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    Over all nice work. clap.gif

I don't care for #1: multiple feet, white diaper, and looks like she is falling down to the right.

#2: Her tummy reminds me way too much of my present condition. :D

I like the posing / compositions of the rest but think the red saturation could be knocked back a little.

Sam
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    Over all nice work. clap.gif

I don't care for #1: multiple feet, white diaper, and looks like she is falling down to the right.

#2: Her tummy reminds me way too much of my present condition. :D

I like the posing / compositions of the rest but think the red saturation could be knocked back a little.

Sam

Well Sam thanks for the comments! I see what you are talking about with #1. As for #2 we are in the same boat!
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2010
    Cute! I agree about the red.
    Cute! I agree about the red.

Thanks! I have since adjusted the red channel a little in these. Thanks for the comment!
  • windrider86windrider86 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    What a cute baby. I'm not so fond of the tutu with the tiger background. For me they clash, the colors anyway. The last one is my favorite!
    What a cute baby. I'm not so fond of the tutu with the tiger background. For me they clash, the colors anyway. The last one is my favorite!

The mother is a LSU fan and she wanted these together! I agree with the last one! Thanks for the comments!
    edited September 27, 2010
    Any other critiques? I am curious if this is something I should continue to do or not. Is there things about these that I should change or work on?
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    I personally am finding #5 to be awkward.. there is nothing natural about it at all. The baby looks uncomfortable..It's an overly obvious posed image.. I think you could do that shot, incorporating the hat, a million better ways.

I think you need to watch your focus points on #6 and #9 as the babies eyes look soft/out of focus to me. Either that or adjust your f stop for more depth of field.

Overall very nice series!! I'm sure the parents were very pleased!
    edited September 28, 2010
    DeuceFour wrote: »
    I personally am finding #5 to be awkward.. there is nothing natural about it at all. The baby looks uncomfortable..It's an overly obvious posed image.. I think you could do that shot, incorporating the hat, a million better ways.

I think you need to watch your focus points on #6 and #9 as the babies eyes look soft/out of focus to me. Either that or adjust your f stop for more depth of field.

Overall very nice series!! I'm sure the parents were very pleased!

Hey Brandon thanks for the comments. Ya I agree with #5. It was something the parents wanted and she didnt want to cooperate. As for #6 and #9 it must be the compression. I looked at the original and they are tact sharp. thanks for the comments!