Lauren (bikini) again

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited September 3, 2005 in People
Some of you may remember Lauren (see here) and we got together again today. The first shot is one of my favorite shots that I've taken.. It was the first time I had the feeling that I was looking at someone elses work, even though I had taken it. What a great feeling! We were going for "editorial" and I have a bunch of other great pictures from this series.

828, fill flash in some, reflector on others. Evening (6PM+ light) The bottom photo was taken this evening at an old building outside of town.

laurenweb-vi.jpg

laurenweb4-vi.jpg

(notice the deer below)

laurenweb5-vi.jpg

laurenweb6-vi.jpg

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    #2 is brilliantclap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,882 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    #2 is also my favourite thumb.gif
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    Oh boy, Owen!!!
    I like them all, but I really really LOVE #1! ***Exquisite*** Great composition, interesting environment. The model is absolutely wonderful, her pose and expression is great, and I just LOVE that hat! *Perfect If You Ask Me*
    clap.gifthumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gif

Matty
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    I like #3 and #4 the best. The placement of Lauren to the right of the frame and the deer in the background toward the left, plus her clothes, her pose, her eyes... wow! #3 is fantastic!

As for #4... I think ithe background is a little dark and her hair blends into the blackness of the background, but it works. It gives it a great feel, especially with the other side of her hair lifted up against the wall. How dod you achieve that? Was it windy? Again, the pose and her the look on her face. You have a great model and are doing a darn good job at shooting her. Keep it up! thumb.gif
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    #2 has 'IT' thumb.gif

Number three could have "it", but I'd be tempted to throw some PS work on it. The skin is not off (i.e. it is a valid color) but seems 'cold'

There was an interesting conversation tho on the nature forum. One statement made me really think. "If a picture needs major PS work to be saved, it probably belongs in the cull pile."

As always, like your work.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    #2 hands down!
    Great natural sun backlight and fill flash combination! Awesome portrait!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    Great shots as always, but wheres the bikini it talks about in the headline.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    #2 is brilliantclap.gif
    GSPeP wrote:
    #2 is also my favourite thumb.gif
    Nikolai wrote:
    Re: #2 Great natural sun backlight and fill flash combination! Awesome portrait!thumb.gif
    Thanks! As soon as I took #2 I knew it was a keeper.
    elfving73 wrote:
    I like them all, but I really really LOVE #1! ***Exquisite*** Great composition, interesting environment. The model is absolutely wonderful, her pose and expression is great, and I just LOVE that hat! *Perfect If You Ask Me*
    clap.gifthumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gif

Matty
    Thanks, Matty. I really love #1 as well. As I said, it was the first picture I have ever taken that I didn't feel like was my work. It looks to me like something you would see in a fashion magazine ad-- very editorial. I was very pleased when I captured it.
    PeterGar wrote:
    I like #3 and #4 the best. The placement of Lauren to the right of the frame and the deer in the background toward the left, plus her clothes, her pose, her eyes... wow! #3 is fantastic!

As for #4... I think ithe background is a little dark and her hair blends into the blackness of the background, but it works. It gives it a great feel, especially with the other side of her hair lifted up against the wall. How dod you achieve that? Was it windy? Again, the pose and her the look on her face. You have a great model and are doing a darn good job at shooting her. Keep it up! thumb.gif
    Peter, thank you for your comments! #3 was an interesting shot, mainly because of the deer, but it is also a very good shot of Lauren. One of my best, I think. As for #4, it is meant to be dark, as requested by Lauren. We were shooting in the darkness of night using only a flash (which, without my Sony, wouldn't be possible). The building she is sitting in is an old, run down hollow cement shell with huge windows -- of which the ledge she is sitting. It is situated right on the water, and the wind from the water was running through it causing her hair (and skirt) to swirl around.

Thanks again!
    XO-Studios wrote:
    #2 has 'IT' thumb.gif

XO,
    Thanks! I'll add some red to #3. ;)
    Great shots as always, but wheres the bikini it talks about in the headline.
    That was just to get your attention. ;)

More posted later!
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2005
    More from the "Peasant Chic" editorial. yelrotflmao.gif

laurenweb8-vi.jpg

laurenweb9-vi.jpg

laurenweb10-vi.jpg

laurenweb11-vi.jpg

laurenweb2-vi.jpg