First "real" baby shoot

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited September 30, 2010 in People
I snapped a few of my grandson when he was born but this was in my studio. I did it for free for a client of mine so I could get some practice and have something for my portfolio.This baby was 2 weeks old and she even SLEPT so I had a little time to pose her!! She was GREAT!!!!
In the future when I have some funds I want to get a stash of props. In this series the ivory blanket is mine, and the little bed, and the knit hat. I asked mom to bring something pretty to cover the diaper, um that will be the first thing I buy! I feel it almost ruined some of the images, but the mom won't even notice.

1. I love the texture I added.
1022860060_EH6M9-L.jpg

2.OK I am very proud of this one
1022859516_vSWh4-L.jpg

3 eh, the pp is not so hot but mom will love it
1023334457_dWonE-L.jpg

4.pretty in pink, she even slept through some wardrobe changes.
1023334577_U7rqd-L.jpg

5. her tongue looks like a little popsicle!!
1022858865_W5BjJ-L.jpg

6. happy momma
1023334802_d99gk-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2010
  • DragonladyDragonlady Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    I think #4 is the best one! Something about # 3 is bothering me but I am not quite sure what it is. Maybe the bed seems to be floating. Nice work.
    Deb
  • ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    I love #2 and #4. The baby reminds me of my daughter at that age. Nice work.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    at first I was gonna say WOW!!
    But then I saw who the OP is, so I am not surprised at the quality of the images :P they are still pretty, though. :D

#3 is very unusual for you, VayCay.. :|
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    While I like them all, # 2 is my favorite. Number three needs some more masking work, skin tones look off, and I would crop the bottom space off.

Sam
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    Dragonlady wrote: »
    I think #4 is the best one! Something about # 3 is bothering me but I am not quite sure what it is. Maybe the bed seems to be floating. Nice work.

Yes it bugs me too, I think it is the legs looking uneven, the PP was not perfect, but the mom loved it.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    Foques wrote: »
    at first I was gonna say WOW!!
    But then I saw who the OP is, so I am not surprised at the quality of the images :P they are still pretty, though. :D

#3 is very unusual for you, VayCay.. :|
    Well thank you! 3 was a first time experiment, not a total success, but the mom loved it. It was one of her selections.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    Thanks everyone for the c&c, hehe I should have known you would call me out on number 3. This mom works with my daughter and she booked a session last year with her 3 sisters. I offered this as a freebie so I could get some practice with a newborn. I think that is why mentally I felt 3 was good enough to show her. It was the first time I used that bed too, so I wanted to show off my prop. Well I did use it once for a tiny puppy, but that is not the same.

Sam I agree with the cropping.And the PP is sloppy.Skintone looks ok to me on my monitor.

Bsimon, can you tell her tongue looks like it has 2 colors?Thanks for commenting.Mom picked that one too.

OWS4428 Thank you for taking the time to comment.I also love 2 and 1, 1 would be so much better without that awful bottom she put over the diaper. Live and learn, this was for practice. I did learn a few things.
    Trudy

NIKON D700