Options

First 'real' e-shoot

BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited September 28, 2010 in Weddings
This was my first official e-shoot. Any thoughts , suggestions or comments? I was finding it hard to not use the same poses that I use for the couple during the wedding ... anybody have any thoughts on that . I know she isn't in her wedding dress etc... but I don't want to have the same poses for both and my creativity was waning...

1. 1023629245_X3FHN-M.jpg

2.1023632558_NuKtx-M.jpg

3. 1023624357_8GZmU-M.jpg

4.1023621222_qUJfH-M.jpg

5.1023618487_mpFLj-M.jpg

Love to hear your thoughts and ideas!! (or links to your favorite creative e-sessions)
Thanks
Heather Wilson

Comments

• Options
    windrider86windrider86 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited September 27, 2010
    The middles ones are great. The last one one I'm not fond of them being right smack dab in the middle.
    The first one I think may need to be cropped down a tad. Too much landscape in front of them distracts from the couple.
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    Great Job! Love em all but #4 is my fav thumb.gif
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    #3 is my favorite because there's an unspoken connection in the eyes. Each look like they're saying "I love you" to each other.

The rest look less natural and more posed. Also, the lighting is a little flat so you might want to thing about punching it up a little.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    Thanks
    Thanks for the input. It was a very grey day and although bright not much sun and directional light. My main concern is wanting different poses when I do their wedding. I don't want to give the same poses and ideas when I do the couple shots at the wedding. I feel like I have a fairly creative eye but sometime , even though I spend lots of time looking at others stuff and trying to come up with my own creative different shots I feel like I get in a rut. Anyone else have that problem? Using the same shots over and over....Do you tend to use the same poses alot or always come up with different stuff....
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    I think you did a nice job and you flattered them well. My favorite is 3. I have only done a handful or so weddings so I haven't run out of poses yet. For me, all poses have depended on the bride and groom's personalities and the location. Obviously I use some poses from even to event. I have only done one set of eshoot/wedding and the couple is so fun and outgoing, that I didn't have to pose them much. The best poses come from the couple that is relaxed and actually cares about the pictures. You can really tell when a bride has had enough (even after 1 shot). Also, I am not on a good monitor but the first too seem a little cool to me.
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    I think for #1, the background needs to be more out of focus. Its not a landscape shot, focus needs to be on the couple . Same with #5, with also the fore ground out of focus so my attention goes more to the couple. And I agree that they shouldn't be so centered in the image. :)
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D