Antique Cars

tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
edited September 28, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Unlike Tom (black_mamba) who knows everything about cars, I know very little about antique cars. Last weekend, I visited Blackhawk Museum in Danville, CA. Here are some of the shots of these beautiful cars.

1023736151_F8yRd-L.jpg

1023737691_bJmHF-L.jpg

1023747363_AAqr7-L.jpg

1023717356_577gg-L.jpg

1023720909_W7vDN-L.jpg

1023724929_yLf2R-L.jpg

1023729716_kVzs6-L.jpg

1023730447_QsQii-L.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2010
    I had the pleasure of visiting that museum once..... an outstanding group of cars if there ever was one.

If there was ever a nightmare shooting environment, you were right in the middle of it. Shinny surfaces with reflections dancing all around, specular lights all over the place, huge dark spaces lurking everywhere....boy, it doesn't get any tougher than that. And, in spite of all that, you did a spectacular job. That #4 shot is as good as it gets but, really, all these are first class. You captured some very interesting elements and your presentation was equally impressive.

Take a bow, man, you deserve it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2010
    Howdy Anthony,

That 4th Image is just stunning, so very well captured and presented.

You have really caught all of them in really neat and interesting
    compositions and great details.

Very nicely done!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    Thanks, Tom. You are right about the light and dark spaces. I constantly had to adjust my ISO because the intensity of light varies from car to car. I skipped those that were too dark. However, it was nice to be inside in a cool place while the temperature was above 95F outside.

Anthony

I had the pleasure of visiting that museum once..... an outstanding group of cars if there ever was one.

If there was ever a nightmare shooting environment, you were right in the middle of it. Shinny surfaces with reflections dancing all around, specular lights all over the place, huge dark spaces lurking everywhere....boy, it doesn't get any tougher than that. And, in spite of all that, you did a spectacular job. That #4 shot is as good as it gets but, really, all these are first class. You captured some very interesting elements and your presentation was equally impressive.

Take a bow, man, you deserve it.

Tom
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    Craig,

Thank you. Here are two more:

1023706465_ujiky-L.jpg

1023726793_qMvqn-L.jpg
    Anthony

Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Anthony,

That 4th Image is just stunning, so very well captured and presented.

You have really caught all of them in really neat and interesting
    compositions and great details.

Very nicely done!!!