Palouse Falls

Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
edited October 1, 2010 in Landscapes
Left work on the Wet side of the Cascades and drove to the Palouse Falls area Tuesday of last week. Got there in time for sunset captured some images, and crashed in the van for awhile. Got up in the middle of the night to capture the full moon shining down the canyon onto the falls.

This first image was captured about 40 minutes after sunset

1025158386_XCiaU-L.jpg

The second image was captured at 2:30 A.M.

1025157681_hCZdn-L.jpg
I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2010
    Nice job. That first one is awesome!
    E
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2010
    Definitely prefer the 1st one, great location! Nicely captured.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    one of these days, i have GOT to make it over there... nice work!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    Very nice!! I like both of these.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Very nice, 1st one is stunner
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    Thanks to all for viewing and commenting. On the drive over there were large fluffy clouds in the sky, which is what I was hoping for but as sunset approached the clouds dissipated and started to flow together. This isn't what I was hoping for, but it was a great 24 hour break from work.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Phil
  • ToonartistToonartist Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    That first one is a cracking shot.

Duncan
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    Roaddog 52 wrote: »
    Thanks to all for viewing and commenting. On the drive over there were large fluffy clouds in the sky, which is what I was hoping for but as sunset approached the clouds dissipated and started to flow together. This isn't what I was hoping for, but it was a great 24 hour break from work.<o:p></o:p>

Phil

Really nice, like that first shot a lot. I've seen spectacular clouds twice at Palouse Falls, but both times the clouds were on the opposite side! It is my singular goal in life to be there sometime with the clouds in the right direction :D
    coscorrosa wrote: »
    Really nice, like that first shot a lot. I've seen spectacular clouds twice at Palouse Falls, but both times the clouds were on the opposite side! It is my singular goal in life to be there sometime with the clouds in the right direction :D

Thanks Ron. "Men plan, God laughs" I am heading east to Montana and Wyoming in the next week or so, and will be hitting the falls again on my way out of state.

Phil
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    Great pair, but I prefer the second (maybe because you got up at 2:30 AM to shoot it bowdown.gifrofl
    edited October 1, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Great pair, but I prefer the second (maybe because you got up at 2:30 AM to shoot it bowdown.gifrofl

Thanks Dan. I think a lot of older guys like me are up at that time of night, for one reason or another. :D

Phil