Anyone using Panasonic GF1?

piolet_rampepiolet_rampe Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited September 29, 2010 in Cameras
I am shooting with a Canon 40d, and a Canon s90 for most everything. I have been intrigued by the micro-four thirds category for a while now, and the products Panasonic are making are increasingly attractive. Bot h for size and functionality. Obviously carrying a 40d with one extra lens is a lot of extra stuff to carry, particularly when you participate in activities such as climbing, kayaking, and traveling in general. The Panasonic would potentially be more useful since it could be less likely to be left at home.

If anyone uses this camera, I would love to hear some feedback. Thanks.

Comments

• Mr EddyMr Eddy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    I have a GF1 and a G1. I'm very happy with the combination of the GF1 and the 20mm f/1.7 lens. It's still not really pocketable (jackets aside), but is much easier to have with me or throw into another bag when I'm travelling for work without needing a dedicated camera bag. Obviously you need to be satisfied with using the rear LCD and not a viewfinder. There is an accessory EVF, but it's not fabulous, particularly after using the one on the G1. I have to admit though that most of the time I find myself grabbing the slightly larger G1, mostly because of the viewfinder. Once you're carrying more than one lens the (small) size difference between the two is irrelevant anyway. The upcoming (tiny) 14mm f/2.5 pancake lens looks like it's going to be a pretty good option for the GF1 as well.