Jag

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
edited September 30, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
After all of Tom's wonderful shots of gazillion dollar, one-of-a-kind cars, I'm a little embarrassed to say that the XK-E is still the machine that I dream of.

1026294063_uyrcV-XL.jpg

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    I hear ya :D This the color your ordering in? mwink.gif
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    You can tell a guy with class, Richard. You went for the most desirable one of the bunch....the one with the enclosed headlights. Good choice.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 29, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    I hear ya :D This the color your ordering in? mwink.gif

:nono Red is for Ferraris. Jags have to be British racing green with tan interiors. Right? mwink.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    Richard wrote: »
    :nono Red is for Ferraris. Jags have to be British racing green with tan interiors. Right? mwink.gif
    Wouldn't personally know this bit of info whereas Tom would. I am seriously
    glad you pointed it out as I entirely missed / overlooked this detail. I do
    know this fellow that has an older convertible green Jag. You can bet I will
    be looking at the interior shortly. Hope to have my camera with me just then.
    Its a nice car but high mechanical maintenance costs.
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    Interestingly, I've known 5 folks that owned Jag sports cars....3 XK Es, 1 XK 140, and 1 XK 150. None of them were green. There were 2 reds, 2 whites, and ( of all things ) 1 baby blue.

Way back in the earlier days of organized international racing, there was an effort to more or less standardize the colors of cars based on their country of origin. Italy=red, Germany=white/silver, France=blue, UK=green, etc. It was, by and large, a custom that was adhered to most, but not all, of the time. It's also a custom that has little relevance today.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited September 30, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Its a nice car but high mechanical maintenance costs.
    Yep. I heard it said that it was the ultimate status symbol--having a very expensive car that spends most of its time in the shop. rolleyes1.gif I still want one. iloveyou.gif
    edited September 30, 2010
    Interestingly, I've known 5 folks that owned Jag sports cars....3 XK Es, 1 XK 140, and 1 XK 150. None of them were green. There were 2 reds, 2 whites, and ( of all things ) 1 baby blue.

Way back in the earlier days of organized international racing, there was an effort to more or less standardize the colors of cars based on their country of origin. Italy=red, Germany=white/silver, France=blue, UK=green, etc. It was, by and large, a custom that was adhered to most, but not all, of the time. It's also a custom that has little relevance today.

Tom

Thanks for the explanation. As usual, you are a great source of car knowledge.

But I still want green...mwink.gif.