Moving Water + Mossy Rocks = Golden Opportunity

NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
edited September 29, 2010 in Landscapes
Just a tiny little creek in the mountains near home. I'm just learning this moving water stuff and would like to hear feedback on these images. Thanks.

128793719.jpg

128793869.jpg
Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...

Comments

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    I am a fan of images with moving water and it seems like you captured this stream quite well. They both have a good sense of motion, good color and details. I am attracted more to the first image with the longer flowing view of the stream. The water flowing right at the top around the rock and the turning diagonally and flowing towards the bottom left on both sides of the rocks going diagonally really pulls my eye thru the image.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    i love little streams like that... well done! i prefer the composition in the first one, and the water's just a little 'smoother'm, but they're both good shots...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    fantastic on the first one
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    squirl033 wrote: »
    i love little streams like that... well done! i prefer the composition in the first one, and the water's just a little 'smoother'm, but they're both good shots...

15524779-Ti.gif

Nice work!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    Thanks for the comments. The first shot seems to be the consensus favorite. I'd like to make another trip to the location but it's snowing now :cry Next summer I guess ne_nau.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...