Odds and ends

AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
edited October 4, 2010 in Holy Macro
Here are a few shots I took yesterday. Had a break in the rain. Let me know what you think.
1.DSC_0023.jpg
2.DSC_0009-1.jpg
3.DSC_000222.jpg
4.DSC_00155.jpg

Comments

• basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    2 is good
    3 almost

learn more about photoshop , as your [recent] photo's [with diffused flash] are fine
  • AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    basflt wrote: »
    you are fishing , my friend
    1 and 4 are old pics

2 and 3 are recent and edited with paintshop
    what you want to know ?

2 is good
    3 almost

learn more about photoshop , as your [recent] photo's [with diffused flash] are fine
    1 and 4 are not old pics. Just shot them yesterday?? Show me the others old buddy. I have never posted a pic of a flower, and my wife found the big spider yesterday. It is the 2nd one I've shot though. Mabey thats what you are thinking. We are to old to be smoking, bad for our health??
    PS: I was trying on the red wasp shot the quick select on PS. Got the contrast to high on the wasp. Leaves look good though.
    you are right , sorry , guess it was me ne_nau.gif

1 and 4 still have to much bright spots , U can see that

you shoot in RAW ?
    here a tip
    when in doubt about exposure , its better to under-expose a little [ darker ]
    why ?
    its hard to remove light spots , but easy to remove dark area's

in paintshop , when you import RAW , you see HISTOGRAM at right top
    click the arrows
    one shows too dark spots , the other the too light spots
    adjust settings until blue and red disappear
    Thanks, I am still learning the RAW process. I do look at the histogram, and appreciate the help. Thats the only thing I don't like about Nikon is the fact you can't see the image on the screen. Little price to pay for the quality though. I had a better pic of the spider, downloaded the wrong one, but oh well. How do you guys keep up with all your pictures? I get lost in them.
    Ambrola wrote: »
    Thanks, I am still learning the RAW process. I do look at the histogram, and appreciate the help. Thats the only thing I don't like about Nikon is the fact you can't see the image on the screen. Little price to pay for the quality though. I had a better pic of the spider, downloaded the wrong one, but oh well. How do you guys keep up with all your pictures? I get lost in them.
    you can see image on the screen
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    First 3 shots are ok - something rather odd in the processing on the rose.
    Re cataloging the pictures - Found the simplest thing was to keep them in date folders - new one for every time I shoot. Makes it easy to do backups plus it's fairly easy to find a pic by the date taken.

Brian V
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited October 4, 2010
    like the wasp best #2

every one has different methods of keeping files
    i tend to have folder for insects 2010 with seperate folders for each different bug, i then download the shots into a folder of the correct species
    ie - spiders,wasps, bees all have seperate folders