Jake

ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited October 3, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
What do you think of this?

Meg x
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography

Comments

• ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    Editted...
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    Jake is a little better. Now, type "rule of thirds" into your browser and hit go.....That should take you to a site that will help you in how to compose a picture. Then think about how it might apply to Jake.
    I've heard about that but not sure how to use it other than on landscapes..

Megan Amelia Photography
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    ChaKira wrote: »
    I've heard about that but not sure how to use it other than on landscapes..

First, I prefer your original to the second, which seems too dark on my monitor. As for the rule of thirds, it applies to any image. The idea is that the human eye is drawn naturally to the points at which lines dividing a frame into three equal points horizontally and vertically intersect. So to the extent possible, you try to get the key area of interest to fall on one of these points.

It is best done while shooting. After the fact, it isn't always possible through cropping. In your shot, the eye of the horse is the obvious candidate, but because the ears are so close to the top edge, you can't get the eye to be on one of the key points and still maintain your original aspect ratio. However, if you were to crop it square, you could come very close:

1027612061_VQYxY-L.jpg

One of the things I love about CS5 is that the cropping tool has rule of thirds grids built in. Here's the result, tweaked a bit to open up the shadows:

1027612062_eGuNG-M.jpg

Hope this helps.
    Ahhhh... that makes sense. Thanks so much :)

Megan Amelia Photography
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    Jake is a handsome boy.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • banditbandit Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2010
    now then fancy seeing u on here lol. :)
    just browsing at work good to see ur getting comfy now.
    everyones tips on here are great they helped me alot
    Just a normal guy who see's eveything as one big picture (just wish my memory card was big enough lol)