Options

Upload size?

rt2photort2photo Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited September 30, 2010 in Finishing School
This might be a silly question from a new SmugMug Pro user.

What resolution should I upload to my galleries? I'm used to uploading a low resolution, then fulfilling my orders as they come in by uploading the highest, edited version I have of the ordered shots.

is that what introducing the (up to) 7 day delay will do for me? I notice when I upload a lower resolution, I now am missing larger prints from the purchase menu ... how do I compensate for that?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    Upload your full size files, that's best thumb.gif Thanks!
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,912 moderator
    Upload your full resolution files to your gallery and then use the gallery settings to set the "display" resolution sizes to small only, or limit the available display resolution as you wish. You can add a watermark if you want and I often just add the default "proof" watermark to keep people from grabbing the images. The printed photos will not have the watermark, of course.

Be sure to also turn downloading/saves off for the gallery so that no one can grab the files that way.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    The printed photos will not have the watermark, of course.

Just Make certain NOT to watermark before uploading!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2010
    Thanks, I get the watermarking portion of things. I'll upload the high resolution files :)

Is it possible to have a new gallery (specifically one built using the Aperture to SmugMug plugin) take my default gallery configuration? Seems they go to defaults, and if I use the bulk changer, I end up publishing my hidden galleries when they get caught in the bulk switch.
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2010
    Never mind, found a way to select the galleries to apply my defaults too, and ignore the ones I don't want to change - answered my own question :)