Few from Viti Levu

InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited October 2, 2010 in Landscapes
One of the risks of my job is that I sometimes have to plan a last minute trip to Fiji. I can only pack one of the new fangled mirror-less cameras this time.

The coral coast:

1025779700_wZAiU-XL.jpg

Sunset (would have loved a proper DSLR kit and ND grad for this one):

1027792694_6pA8t-XL.jpg

An early morning walk along the sea front:

1027929331_oGnkR-XL.jpg

All more or less straight out of the camera (cropping and changing in camera settings only) for now. I do miss my Mac when I'm on these business trips.

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    Nice job
    Especially like the second one but I think it would be stronger with a tighter crop. Specifically, I would crop to the top of the large gray cloud which would remove some of the distracting bright sky and move the horizon to the top 1/3rd of the frame. I would consider cropping the left side to leave only two figures in the water or cut to the point that there is a solitary figure on the right.

The first shot could have been improved by shooting lower to the ground and in front of the tree (if possible).

E
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Beautiful set clap.gif

I agree.
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2010
    Thanks guys, both for the compliments, which are always appreciated, and the advice on cropping. I hope to get out and shoot more photos here in the next week.
  • TEdwardsTEdwards Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2010
    Great set! Wonderful scenery to view while doing business!
    http://timedwardsphoto.com

Canon 40d, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 55-250mm, Sigma 10-20mm
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2010
    Internaut wrote: »
    One of the risks of my job is that I sometimes have to plan a last minute trip to Fiji...
    That's a real bummer. But for some reason I'm having a hard time sypathising with your plight rolleyes1.gif

Nice set of photos. Yes and ND filter would have been handy in the second one. The third image has a lot of dead space on the left side. Cropping to place the red boat in the lower left and clipping some of the sky above the clouds might be an improvement. Beautiful colors in all three thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...