You're Hired!

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited October 2, 2010 in People
One could only hope that's what "The Donald" would be thinking if he were to get a glimpse of this young man. :D It was "Business Day Dress-Up" at my son's middle school last week and of course I couldn't pass on the opportunity.

(C&C always encouraged)

5039232899_382196b801_z.jpg

Comments

• fireguy.edfireguy.ed Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    I like this a lot! The look and the clothes are spot on. Look s a bit blown out on his left cheek/side of face, but might be my computer. NICE JOB
  • ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    I love the background on this but I do agree that his left side looks a little blown out. Half his face has freckles and the other half doesn't.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    Good looking you man....

I'm not a big fan of the crop as I would have preferred to have space over his head but that's just me.
    On my monitor, his face does not appear to be blown but perhaps over processed?
    I see there is some type of artificial blur, perhaps vignette blur?
    And that is what might be smoothing his face on his left side or perhaps you shot at an extremely wide aperture?
    Either way, tis a nice portrait of a sharp dressed young man :-)
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    Thanks Yall. :D Let's try this one. Better? In respects to the artificial bokeh...I was semi-trying a "tilt-shift" approach just for the helluvit. :D

5040054236_6d5ee563e1_z.jpg
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    Excellent revision and I d so like the balance of light to shadow as well....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    Love both of 'em (although I'm possibly leaning towards preferring the first one, before revisions). Great shot - absolutely love his eyes thumb.gif What IS that green bg?!
    divamum wrote: »
    Love both of 'em (although I'm possibly leaning towards preferring the first one, before revisions). Great shot - absolutely love his eyes thumb.gif What IS that green bg?!

Thanks for the compliments, DM. It's a small Art Gallery/Cafe on the way to his school. Walls are bright green stucco. It's on my short list from now on. :D
  • metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    Awesome! I much prefer the first one.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2010
    What an AWESOME photo! Your "little" man is quite a handsome little guy, gotta say iloveyou.gif I love the pose, his look, the wall, it all comes together so perfectly!

The only thing I would mention would be the blown cheek also (just missing the freckles on the other side :D) But I bet you could fix that ... somehow ...)

LOVE IT! clap.gif
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2010
    LOVE the green wall! Handsome young man as well :-)
    Canon Fan
    edited October 2, 2010
    Met, Angie, and 10-13, thanks so much for the compliments! :D He's getting a real kick out of "web people" talking about him. :D
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2010
    very cool! He'll love it (when he's older) :D

oh, and stick with the first one!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com