Client coming over, need C&C.

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited September 30, 2010 in People
As many here know I am working on my people photography. I had a shoot yesterday for a one year old's birthday. Clients wanted out door environmental shoots and choose the wardrobe.

This one of my favorites, but need to know what your opinions are.

The next one is just the first of the little girl Twinkle.

Thanks!!

Sam

Comments

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    Wow, these are very good.
    The first one is so sweet and while the tones are not quite my flavor it is a nice sepia. I would watch the background a bit for blown areas.
    The second one is precious, I think the only thing I would change is the composition cropping out some of the bottom and camera right to eliminate the hot spot in the background. Doing so may make is necessary to crop some of the top too. I think that would bring more of the focus to her and still retain the perspective of the train tracks.
    Well done :-)
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Re-cropped. Now she is more centered. Oh well comment away.

sam
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    Sam before the cropped version you posted I was thinking something more along the lines of this:
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    Rayvee,

Thanks!! I just cropped it per your suggestion and I like better. I nneded to see it on my monitor rather than the smaller forum version.

Well there are two done.......50 more to go. :D

Sam
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    Sam,

They don't blow my socks off but there are not too bad. What I would do? add a moderate/strong vignette to both. more contrast and stronger black points on both and go with BW instead of sepia on the 1st. good luck!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    Quark,

Thanks!!! I will give it a try.

Sam
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    Is that last one some sort of train track? Maybe a childrens ride or something? ...because it looks fairly small in scale.
    Is that last one some sort of train track? Maybe a childrens ride or something? ...because it looks fairly small in scale.

Actually she's a little large for a one year old. :D

OK,...............it's a small scale train for kids. It wasn't running the day the images were taken, so small ones were put in harms way.

Sam
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    babies and train tracks, makes me shiver.

The first one.. I don't care for the sepia, my first impression was either an old photo or a photo of another culture, maybe a tribe. No way would I guess a toddlers bday. The thing that makes me feel that way is the mother's dark eyebrows and her dark hair with little skin showing. If a B&W with lighter mid tones might change that feel at least for me.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700