Autumn Color at Mt. Baker

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited October 5, 2010 in Landscapes
Some fall colors from Mt. Baker yesterday, they're looking pretty good and should be peaking from now through the next week or so.

#1:

1028216868_wafhZ-L.jpg

#2:

891914675_zN7z8-L-1.jpg

#3: I may or may not have reduced the number of huckleberries in this scene after the photo was taken...

1028217608_pCCQG-L.jpg

#4:

1028214083_FW5N5-L.jpg

#5: This is why I brought my macro lens along!

899995249_W77Cf-L-1.jpg

#6: After shooting the colors, I raced up to Artist Point to try and catch sunset, next time I need to try this composition with clouds!

1028215081_D9MuM-L.jpg

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2010
    great stuff, Ron... really like that last one, and yeah, some clouds would definitely add some kick to that comp!
    i'm trying to figure out where i wanna go this weekend to see some nice color - Baker, or up along SR20, or Mt. Rainier.. they're all strong contenders at this point...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2010
    I never saw a huckleberry in the wild, but now I have! Where are the bears you promised?! lol3.gif

I always have trouble with WB when it comes to fall foliage. The shocking variety always messes with the eyes. In a good way.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2010
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2010
    Nice set Ron. I was thinking on heading that direction this weekend. The last one caused me to do a double take, because I captured damn near the same image 3 years ago. I ultimately converted mine to B&W. http://roaddog52.smugmug.com/Washington-State/washington-state/Mt-Shuksan-tarnBWjpg/195688027_KzjUg-L.jpg

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2010
    squirl033 wrote: »
    great stuff, Ron... really like that last one, and yeah, some clouds would definitely add some kick to that comp!
    i'm trying to figure out where i wanna go this weekend to see some nice color - Baker, or up along SR20, or Mt. Rainier.. they're all strong contenders at this point...

Thanks - I have the same dilemma this weekend, those were my exact choices too. I think I might hit more than one mwink.gif
    schmoo wrote: »
    I never saw a huckleberry in the wild, but now I have! Where are the bears you promised?! lol3.gif

I always have trouble with WB when it comes to fall foliage. The shocking variety always messes with the eyes. In a good way.

I'm still looking for the bears. I didn't see any this year while I saw like 6 last year. Hopefully I'll be able to see some one some trails this weekend :D

The colors really are amazing up there and will be over the next week.
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Pastel beauty clap.gifclap

Thanks!
    Roaddog 52 wrote: »
    Nice set Ron. I was thinking on heading that direction this weekend. The last one caused me to do a double take, because I captured damn near the same image 3 years ago. I ultimately converted mine to B&W. http://roaddog52.smugmug.com/Washington-State/washington-state/Mt-Shuksan-tarnBWjpg/195688027_KzjUg-L.jpg

Phil

Ha - that's pretty funny! It looks like you were further back and zoomed in more, got more reflection and made Shuksan appear larger while I was up close and shot wide with the rocks in the foreground a little closer. Same idea though. Great eye! lol3.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2010
    Nice series, Ron! That last one could use some clouds, and I hope you find some next trip--the composition is wonderfully inviting! My favorite time of year--I never tire of looking at quality autumn photographs!!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2010
    Great set Ron. Love all the pastels, especially #5.
  • TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    A beautiful set....great images!