Pano Mt. Katahdin Baxter State Park ME

jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
edited October 5, 2010 in Landscapes
I spent a couple of days last week in Baxter St. park last week, the colors are so vibrent this year, using a 1DS, the image is about 34"x 12". Of couse I have not shot a autumn in three yrs. living in Santa Barbara CA until last Nov. But now living in ME and loving it. I will spend a lot of time in Acadia NP in the next two weeks it is really nice to live about 65 miles away. please any comments about the image would be nice, and or any suggestions would help.
Thanks Jovitta
BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
http://jeffovittphotography.com
Member; NANPA
Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.

Comments

• marcpromarcpro Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    Gorgeous colours! clap.gif

The sky seems blown however.

Cheers.
    Marc
    -- Photography without post-processing is like cooking without salt or spices.
  • jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    marcpro wrote: »
    Gorgeous colours! clap.gif

The sky seems blown however.

Cheers.
    Marc

Yes this image is where the sky is blown out. but when I shot this I did bracket for each part of the image, although for this imgage I only procesed with 1 and have not yet completed the the full HDR yet. I was just in rush to see how the compition came out and to hear some comments.
    Thanks Jovitta
    Member; NANPA
    Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Beautiful colors and pano comp! I like where the mountain is placed.

I am on vacation in Maine until 13 Oct. We are trying to get a meetup together if you are interested. Where in ME are you?

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 5, 2010
    Yeah, I have a suggestion. Post this shot at around 2000 to 3000 pixels so that folks can scan around it in their browser. It looks amazing, but is just a tease at this size.

You moved from Santa Barbara to Maine? eek7.gif
    edited October 5, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Yeah, I have a suggestion. Post this shot at around 2000 to 3000 pixels so that folks can scan around it in their browser. It looks amazing, but is just a tease at this size.

You moved from Santa Barbara to Maine? eek7.gif

Yes, until last Nov. only lived in Cali for two yrs. orig. from Vermont. and glad to be back home New England.
    Member; NANPA
    edited October 5, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    Beautiful colors and pano comp! I like where the mountain is placed.

I am on vacation in Maine until 13 Oct. We are trying to get a meetup together if you are interested. Where in ME are you?

Lauren
    Whiting ME about 70 miles north of Bar Habor/ Acaidia. on Rt 1.
    I will be in Acadia most of the up comming weekend.
    Member; NANPA
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    A little bit of work on the sky and I'd say you've got a winner there. Great colors and comp. Nice job thumb.gif I just left Acadia today. If you're there this weekend colors should be about prime.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 5, 2010
    jovitta wrote: »
    Yes, until last Nov. only lived in Cali for two yrs. orig. from Vermont. and glad to be back home New England.
    As a former New Englander myself, I always tell people that New England is a great place to be from. :giggle