Ready To Ride.............IR

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited October 12, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Howdy All,

Found this on the Outing Saturday, really liked the Old School Bike.

1032519883_spGr2-O.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2010
    Nice find, Craig. Don't let the old boys on American Pickers know where you saw this. They'd probably kill for it.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Great find Craig......Do you know who made the Bike?? thumb.gif
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    You can buy them now, brand new. I have one I bought a couple of years ago - a simple, no gears, no fancy nuttin', pedal bike.:D
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Nice find, Craig. Don't let the old boys on American Pickers know where you saw this. They'd probably kill for it.

Take care,

Tom

Howdy Tom,

Thanks!!!

:D I love that Show!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 5, 2010
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Great find Craig......Do you know who made the Bike?? thumb.gif

Howdy Gary,

Thanks very much, It's a Huffy,
    had the name on the back of the Seat.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    That bike looks great with IR. I like to look at old-school bikes, but prefer to ride the modern ones for my commute.
    edited October 5, 2010
    tisun wrote: »
    That bike looks great with IR. I like to look at old-school bikes, but prefer to ride the modern ones for my commute.

Howdy Anthony,

Thanks very much, it was neat seeing there when we were leaving.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • KevinhooaKevinhooa Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Awesome! I'm a huge fan of the IR color scheme. Great work.

Looking again (if you already didn't know this), it looks as though you might have had some dust on your sensor, about 1" up from the tall building 1/4" to the right. Little clone stamp would knock that right out.
    Kevin H. (Owls Flight)

There seems to be less and less garden in this state.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    A nice shot Craig thumb.gif

Those are VERY popular down on the Florida coast. Tom probably has a couple of those... maybe not, there's no super-motor on them rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    That will be awesome ride through dreamy world!
    great IR
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited October 6, 2010
    Kevinhooa wrote: »
    Awesome! I'm a huge fan of the IR color scheme. Great work.

Looking again (if you already didn't know this), it looks as though you might have had some dust on your sensor, about 1" up from the tall building 1/4" to the right. Little clone stamp would knock that right out.

Thanks Kevin appreciate it.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 6, 2010
    rwells wrote: »
    A nice shot Craig thumb.gif

Those are VERY popular down on the Florida coast. Tom probably has a couple of those... maybe not, there's no super-motor on them rolleyes1.gif

Howdy Randy,

Thanks!!! I do remember seeing them down there now that you
    mention it, good flat places for a nice ride.

Who's to say he's not got a "Hot Ride Bike":D:D:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 6, 2010
    That will be awesome ride through dreamy world!
    great IR

Morning Awais,

Thanks very much, that is very kind of you!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 6, 2010
    Well, it's great to see a couple of the boys from the Hooligan Posse out on the move.

Let me educate you fellows about these bikes. These single-speed mounts are great as long as you stay on a hard surface. Take them out onto the sand and there's not a man-jack among you can go more than 20 feet before you fall over from exhaustion. I had a couple of these in my stable....they lasted all of two days before I was back down to the bike shop trading them in on cruisers that have 21 gears. If that hadn't worked ( and it did ) you can bet I would have been on the hunt for a suitable motor.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 6, 2010
    Well, it's great to see a couple of the boys from the Hooligan Posse out on the move.

Let me educate you fellows about these bikes. These single-speed mounts are great as long as you stay on a hard surface. Take them out onto the sand and there's not a man-jack among you can go more than 20 feet before you fall over from exhaustion. I had a couple of these in my stable....they lasted all of two days before I was back down to the bike shop trading them in on cruisers that have 21 gears. If that hadn't worked ( and it did ) you can bet I would have been on the hunt for a suitable motor.

Tom

:lol4 How much more "right" could I have been! rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited October 6, 2010
    :lol4 How much more "right" could I have been! rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

:D:D:D Sometimes Life if Just Too Good!!!!

and I can't believe He was calling you a Hooliganmwink.gif
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    Great pic Craig.......

Tom

But....but....but....they are called BEACH CRUISERS.......and your sayin no good for the BEACH??????
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited October 6, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    :D:D:D Sometimes Life if Just Too Good!!!!

and I can't believe He was calling you a Hooliganmwink.gif

Tom was calling US hooligans Craig ~ US
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    My rear-end would love a seat like that when riding :D
    edited October 6, 2010
    Art...

To add emphasis to my earlier remarks, please allow me to recount a scene that's repeated all too often around here.

The poor tourist shows up at the local beach bike rental shop. He's all excited....finally going to get to cruise the famous Florida beaches on a bike. There's probably 3 or 4 of them together as they tend to clump up for this experience. Sure enough, they light out for the glorious sands....all giddy and jabbering among themselves.

Within 1/2 mile of the bike shop, they're all lying prostrate on the beach, gasping for air. Those that are able, have left their bike at the waterline and crawled their way up to the seawall. The ones who have no shame are desperately try to get the attention of a lifeguard.

If I was an aggressive type, I could make a good living by lurking along the shore and rushing out to offer first aid to these poor unsuspecting souls. They drop like flies....the weakest of the bunch resorting to open pleads for help.

These bike shop operators much revel in the extra charges they assess folks when they have to go and retrieve the bikes.

Tom
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    Art...

To add emphasis to my earlier remarks, please allow me to recount a scene that's repeated all too often around here.

The poor tourist shows up at the local beach bike rental shop. He's all excited....finally going to get to cruise the famous Florida beaches on a bike. There's probably 3 or 4 of them together as they tend to clump up for this experience. Sure enough, they light out for the glorious sands....all giddy and jabbering among themselves.

Within 1/2 mile of the bike shop, they're all lying prostrate on the beach, gasping for air. Those that are able, have left their bike at the waterline and crawled their way up to the seawall. The ones who have no shame are desperately try to get the attention of a lifeguard.

If I was an aggressive type, I could make a good living by lurking along the shore and rushing out to offer first aid to these poor unsuspecting souls. They drop like flies....the weakest of the bunch resorting to open pleads for help.

These bike shop operators much revel in the extra charges they assess folks when they have to go and retrieve the bikes.

Tom

Sowhy do the bike companies call them beach cruisers......instead of death on 2 wheels on Sand.......granted I have never tries to ride on the beaches...but did several years of biking the blow sand of No Ok........and for the unsuspecting rider would throw you in the beat of a Hummers wing.........But still to market them as a Beach Cruiser is cruel......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    To add emphasis to my earlier remarks, please allow me to recount a scene that's repeated all too often around here........
    Tom
    :lol
    Michael
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2010
    Thats a pretty pic the tree in the background are lovely
    edited October 12, 2010
    jackiejay wrote: »
    Thats a pretty pic the tree in the background are lovely

Thanks JackieJay!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 12, 2010
    Tom was calling US hooligans Craig ~ US

I can't believe that Tom, as nice as he is, would call Me a Hooligan, I am sure "the Hooligans" is a Floridian Term for the one that shall go un-named
    but started all this:D
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 12, 2010
    Well, I can see I've got to jump in and clarify the situation. Let it be known, far and wide, that one of the greatest honors I've ever enjoyed is that I am, myself, an esteemed member of the infamous " Hooligan Posse ". As such, I am free to note when other esteemed members of the group are out on the prowl....and probably up to some nefarious deeds. I'm reticent to ever point out the the principal offender in any given foray because, in reality, the dart could land on any one of us most of the time. :D

Tom