Options

Shooting / Printing Wireless

shadowdancer36shadowdancer36 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited October 14, 2010 in Technique
I know there are constant improvements on equipment out here, so I figured I'd ask the pros online what I should get. For some reason the sales rep at B & H was no help.

Hardware I have:

Cameras

Nikon D5000
Nikon D700
Fuji S3

Printers

Sony Snap Lab
Epson Picturemate

What I need to be able to do is shoot and print wireless. Without a laptop being in-between. I also need this to all be compact as possible. Any suggestions?

Oh, and before anyone says it. Both Sony and Epson have blue tooth options. I just don't know of any of their cameras (SLR at least) being able to shoot directly to a printer using it.

I've also tried using Nikon's Wireless Transmitter (expensive piece of crap) which isn't even compatible with the D700 even though the manual says it is. And even with that I believe you need a laptop as a gobo. Please help! :)

Comments

• Options
    98olds98olds Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    I am curious to see if this is possible as well. Would be very convient if able to be done.

Wish I could help.
    Nikon D3000
    Nikkor 18-55mm Kit Lens
    Nikkor 55-200mm VR Lens
    Nikkor 18-105mm VR Lens
    Nikkor 70-300mm VR Lens

Nikon SB-600 speedlight

Nikon EM Film SLR
    50mm Lens

85mm Lens

Canon Powershot SX100IS
  • Options
    shadowdancer36shadowdancer36 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    98olds wrote: »
    I am curious to see if this is possible as well. Would be very convient if able to be done.

Wish I could help.

One would think, this would be an option by now. Maybe someone will step up and make a system. I see a lot of money in it. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    anightowlanightowl Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited October 8, 2010
    I know there are constant improvements on equipment out here, so I figured I'd ask the pros online what I should get. For some reason the sales rep at B & H was no help.

Hardware I have:

Cameras

Nikon D5000
    Nikon D700
    Fuji S3

Printers

Sony Snap Lab
    Epson Picturemate

What I need to be able to do is shoot and print wireless. Without a laptop being in-between. I also need this to all be compact as possible. Any suggestions?

Oh, and before anyone says it. Both Sony and Epson have blue tooth options. I just don't know of any of their cameras (SLR at least) being able to shoot directly to a printer using it.

I've also tried using Nikon's Wireless Transmitter (expensive piece of crap) which isn't even compatible with the D700 even though the manual says it is. And even with that I believe you need a laptop as a gobo. Please help! :)
    This may be more simple than you had in mind, but a lot of printers have their own card readers. Mine does, you just put your SD or CD card right in the printer and mine has a small screen to pick which picture I want to print. It IS wireless, and requires no go between laptop. Worth a try.
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    My vote, built in card reader...
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    PupWebPupWeb Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    Hmmm, that's an awful tall order.
    So what you want is for your photos to be sent to a printer remotely, where the printer will then print the photo.
    I don't know how you could do this w/o a laptop (with adhoc LAN) or Laptop and router. The problem with blue-tooth is it very slow and has little range.

I have done this, don't know if this will be an option for you or not but....
    I use an eyefi card in my Nikon. After each shot the image is transferred to my my laptop which is connected to a printer bank of 4 printers.

If your interested I can go into more detail, just let me know.