Something a little different

kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
edited October 7, 2010 in People
Ok, so this weekend was full of rock/metal concerts. My husband is a huge fan, and I am sometimes. Other times I go only because I know I have a seat. Anyway, these crowds are way more calm than the Tom Petty/ZZTop crowd we were in a few weeks ago. Anyway, for once, they allowed small cameras in so we took our little canon point and shoot. Turned up the ISO and turned off the flash and went on our way just to see what we could get. We maxed out the zoom too. Not looking for "cut off feet here" I just wanted to share. I think it is a little funny when all those people try to take pictures and they come out black. I loved it and wish I could get up close with my good camera, so if anyone knows anybody, let me know! So here are our pictures of Rush, Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer:

fjdb9f.jpg

2u8joz7.jpg

28u339g.jpg

x0sgaq.jpg

6s9nb6.jpg

2mplpmt.jpg

2woy5i1.jpg

Comments

• Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    *Awesome* Love the set- love some of the metal heads bands and these are fun captures of that genre! Nice they let you take the camera in!
  • kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    Jazmyn76 wrote: »
    *Awesome* Love the set- love some of the metal heads bands and these are fun captures of that genre! Nice they let you take the camera in!
    Thanks! My husband and I had a great time shooting. The whole time I wanted to be closer and have my good camera and lens. In the meantime I am going to try to find some local bands cause I had so much fun. I am just fascinated with their lights and effects. Thanks again for commenting!thumb.gif
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    As a concert shooter I really like these a lot...nice ambiance!
    I really like #1
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Thanks, I like 1 too. It was a lot of fun, even with a point and shoot from my seat. How do you start becoming a concert shooter? I think it would be soo much fun!
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    Being a guitarist I'm kinda biased but I love #4. Dave mustaine always gets respect in my book :)

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    kyeezie wrote: »
    Thanks, I like 1 too. It was a lot of fun, even with a point and shoot from my seat. How do you start becoming a concert shooter? I think it would be soo much fun!

I'm a musician so it helps to know people but I attend a lot of free shows where mostly the limitations are set to "no long lenses allowed". I almost always will use my 35-70 2.8 and make sure I get close enough to get good shots.

I'll be photographing my old band-mate's Z Z Top tribute band this Saturday.....should be a blast!

Will post a few here
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Adobe_AndrewAdobe_Andrew Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2010
    The red shot of the drummer is awesome! So metal. haha.