Options

Comments on my website

kpkayuhkpkayuh Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 6, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hi: I am starting up my business and created my own website. I've read some honest reviews here and would appreciate some of the same. Here's the link:

www.kathleenkennedyphotography.com

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,462 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    The blue/purple text is really hard to read. Not a big fan of the flash gallery either.
  • Options
    EBPhotographyEBPhotography Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 5, 2010
    Very nice job! Looks pretty good though I found it a little tough to navigate. You have the note cards page seperate from all the other pages. For example when you click on the wedding page, there is a line of links to all the other galleries you offfer except the note cards page. Then when you click on high school seniors, the line of links is gone. I would try to make it a little more uniform across all the pages in order to make it easier to navigate through the site.
  • Options
    chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 772 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    You have a lot right. I would play around with the colors to get something brighter - purple on black doesn't work for me.

Personally I don't like black backgrounds. Combined with your choice of images it makes things look gloomy when the impression should be joyous.

Some people argue that you must avoid scrolling at all costs, which you have done. I feel this leaves a static and rigid impression whereas pages that flow more naturally are freer - question of taste. You have a very tight structure to everything which makes it seem confining, and incidentally clashes in my mind with the flowery italic of your "logo".

As an artist you should present a unity of style which is not quite there yet. I would make it looser and brighter which seems more in tune with your personality and approach to your assignments - getting people to look relaxed and natural on a photo seems to be one of your strengths.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    kpkayuhkpkayuh Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2010
    You have a lot right. I would play around with the colors to get something brighter - purple on black doesn't work for me.

Personally I don't like black backgrounds. Combined with your choice of images it makes things look gloomy when the impression should be joyous.

Some people argue that you must avoid scrolling at all costs, which you have done. I feel this leaves a static and rigid impression whereas pages that flow more naturally are freer - question of taste. You have a very tight structure to everything which makes it seem confining, and incidentally clashes in my mind with the flowery italic of your "logo".

As an artist you should present a unity of style which is not quite there yet. I would make it looser and brighter which seems more in tune with your personality and approach to your assignments - getting people to look relaxed and natural on a photo seems to be one of your strengths.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the comments. I will work these into the site. On the navigation - I had gone back and forth on how to have that set up. I will take a look at brightening up the site. Also, if I use scrolling, the moving galleries won't be as necessary. . . lots of good things to think about!